Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 78

I feel like I am living a dream. I never thought I would actually be back in my first area again! I can't believe how surreal it feels! I love the Camelback 2nd branch! 
My faewell dinner on Sunday was not fun. There were about 15 of us there and half were going home this week and half of us extended. I didn't feel like I should have been there! I don't think I am going home yet. It's not real. Needless to say I didn't cry much because I AM STILL HERE :).
After the farewell dinner on Sunday I went straight to my area. Monday I was struggling speaking Spanish. HAHA I have not had real conversations in Spanish for many months! The past few days a LOT has come back to me. So I will just keep remembering and progressing the next few weeks!
 Monday we got to see Minerva Mora's family, we were all so excited to see each other! They are SO ACTIVE and doing wonderful! They seem SO HAPPY!
Hermana Medina came out with us on Monday. She is now a branch missionary! Finally- she LOVES missionary work so much. SHE has progressed a lot over the past year! We visited Jonathan. He is a golden investigator. We taight the Plan of Salvation. We asked if he had read the pamphlet to prepare for the lesson and he said,"Yes, but I don'thave it now. One of my friends is having a really hard time so I gave it to him and told him to read it, that it would bring him peace."
He accepted a baptismal date, and reads The Book of Mormon during his whole lunch break at work! He just works 3 jobs and coming to church on Sunday is the struggle now.
We also visited the Cardenas family! Hermano Cardenas wasn't drunk- he is on medicine for his blackened/diseased leg- so he can't drink! What a miracle! We invited him to the temple and set a date with both of them! He committed to it so we will see! We have to see him as many times as we can in the next two weeks while he is sober! 
I LOVE the work here! I forgot what it is like to be around SO MANY PEOPLE! I am in awe at the traffic and lights. Also the NOISE outside of our apartment. I feel so claustrophobic almost! Change is so good. I am never bored. There is so much to look at here! Haha no more vast fields of grass and trees!
Sister Doolhoff, Isert and I sang "Holding Hands Around The World" at transfer meeting yesterday. There were a few missionaries crying. I love the children's songs because they help me remember the excitement I had in primary while learning about the gospel. 

My companions are both Spanish speakers of course. Hermana Knouse (from Maryland) has been in this area for 6 weeks. And Hermana Tenney (from Orem UT) just finished being trained in Phoenix! We all love each other a lot. 

I am so happy. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that daily repentance is necessary. The atonement is real, and relief is available to all who repent! I LOVE the relief I feel when I willingly seek forgiveness.

 "Without repentance, there is no real progress or improvement in life. Pretending there is no sin does not lessen its burden and pain. Suffering for sin does not by itself change anything for the better. Only repentance leads to the sunlit uplands of a better life. And, of course, only through repentance do we gain access to the atoning grace of Jesus Christ and salvation. Repentance is a divine gift, and there should be a smile on our faces when we speak of it. It points us to freedom, confidence, and peace. Rather than interrupting the celebration, the gift of repentance is the cause for true celebration."
("The Divine Gift of Repentance" by D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON)
Hermana Christensen

Braiding a less active member's hair in Pie Town. I love Sister Tillotsen. She is super sick all of the time and kind of grumpy. I felt so privileged that she asked me to braid her hair! :)

My new trio! Hermana Knouse, Hermana Tenney, me

Last night in Luna with Hermana Isert.


My soccer ball flew out of the car we realized after driving 22 miles- I thought my Datil thrift ball  was long gone. I said a prayer to find my baby ball and a few miles back we found it on the side of the road! Here I am talking to it- so happy it was okay :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment