I am still so happy I cannot believe it. I feel like a whole new person! I feel the Spirit in greater abundance and I have more hope in every moment! I love change!
The entire Cardenas family came to church! I guess the last sisters here stopped working with that family- cause of reasons I still don't understand, but now that I am back we can work with them again! And they are preparing to go to the temple! This is a true miracle! The husband was a DRUNK always last year and the wife wanted to go to the temple so bad but he was not ready. Seems that now he is! President Clyde was in awe as well that Alvaro came to church! I sincerely love the Cardenas family so much. And the teenage girls (one not a member) really like me! They didn't like the other sisters and felt judged I guess. I feel like they are my little sisters and with them I really can say I "hate the sin but love the sinner."
When I came into the area Sunday night- we had about 4 investigators TOTAL..... and 0 people on date to be baptized. We have 3 on date this week! This area has needed a lot of help... BUT we have had miracle after miracle each day.
We spent one night calling and setting appointments with a bunch of former investigators... One of which (Maribell) is now on date! SHE IS SO READY NOW! I cannot believe how directly we were led to her by the spirit at the PERFECT time. Her husband ( part of the reason she was dropped) is coming home from jail today! And now he has a desire to change. We hope to get him on date tonight with her!
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY MORE THAN EVER BEFORE!
MY SPANISH IS COMING BACK SO QUICKLY! Thank you so much for your prayers.
The Mora family is doing so amazing I cry almost every time I see them haha. They are involved in EVERYTHING in the church. Mario is in the priesthood presidency and teaches, and they come to soccer on Fridays and scripture class on Wednesdays with their kids. It makes me so happy to see their progress! They are taking the temple prep classes and will go through in March!
I am so grateful for the extra time I have to live! I should be dead- yet still am alive. I am enjoying every second :).
This is a letter I just got from a woman we caroled to on Christmas Eve! What a miracle!
Shelby, Elizabeth & Mary,I hope I entered all three of your email addresses correctly. I sure want this email of thanks to get through to all of you. You came to our house in Alpine AZ, and sang Christmas carols for us on Christmas Eve. Harry and Barbara Sink had given you our name and told you how to get to our house. After you sang for us, we asked you in and we had the best visit with you.You see, We had made tamales all afternoon and then went to a beautiful Christmas Eve service at our church. It seemed it was a perfect Christmas Eve. Then, we heard beautiful Christmas music coming from outside our door. Because our house is not very easy to find, we have never had carolers at our door until you came. You three just put the finishing touches on our family's celebration of our Savior's birth. Words cannot express the joy that you three gals brought to our family. You three sing beautifully together, even standing out in the cold!What I want you to know is: Neither my husband or I were able to go up in the attic and get our Christmas decorations down. Nor were we able to go cut a tree. That was okay because we couldn't decorate it anyway. :-) He is twisted with rheumatoid arthritis, and I had just had my hip replaced. We didn't think either of our children and families could come for Christmas. Our daughter had a new job and couldn't leave. Our son was being transferred and in the middle of a move from AZ to NM. It was going to be the first Christmas we were alone since our first child was born 50 yrs ago. (we've been married 54 years) But we were very content to celebrate the Savior's birth and concentrate on our blessing of eternal life thru HIM. Our son & family just stopped in the middle of their move and came to celebrate with us anyway. They blessed us with that surprise. And then you gals came and sang so unexpectedly. That blessed us all very much. We loved visiting with you afterward and you were all three so gracious and precious.I just feel compelled to write and thank you once again. Our simple Christmas turned into a huge elaborate one, and you were a big part of it! No decorations even needed or missed!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!Mary BlairPS We did watch the video you suggested. It was really good! Thanks!
I LOVE everyone and everything.
Hermana Christensen
The board of cleanliness I made for us :)
mis queridas hermanas
No comments:
Post a Comment