Sunday was my favorite day this week. I don't know why I always favor Sundays. Probably because they are Holy days set apart by God. After ward council I was eating my fiber one bar for breakfast waiting for people to walk into the church doors to greet and I spotted an investigator walking in! So I grabbed sister Doolhoff and whisper/yelled who showed up! He saw us and gave us a hug (sometimes hugs from men are impossible to avoid). I was so SHOCKED that HE out of all investigators was there! Sister Harrast and I found him by knocking on his trailer door in Apache Creek because he lived right next to a member that wasn't home. He anti'd us pretty hard. He asked us a lot of questions about things from the bible and we promised him that we would find out the answers and return! That was in Sept. We have seen him one other time-didn't go well either. We've left him notes here and there on his trailer but haven't really met with him since.Yesterday at church he said, "I've been doing a lot of studying and I finally felt ready to come to church." He seemed really sincere but I was still half expecting him to start yelling blasphemy during the meeting!
......WE HAD GREAT speakers luckily. A stake High Councilman and his wife and a return missionary sister form temple square who bore testimony of Joseph Smith and the First vision. After the meeting Don came up to me and said, "I never understood what Joseph Smith really did, he had the same questions that I have. Thank you so much." He said as tears rolled down his cheeks and he embraced me in a hug. I was speechless!!! He was read the whole Book of Mormon since Sept, and is reading it again. He was so overwhelmed after sacrament meeting that he went home to digest. He wants us to come over and we will see him this Tuesday. He also has been meeting with some members who are helping him along! WHAT A MIRACLE! I know with out a doubt that the Holy Ghost is real! God does exist and he is aware of EVERY soul.
Other Highlights from this week:
- I was blessed with essential oil and other strange things by a woman pastor from another church at our dinner appointment with them.
- We met a VERY good potential investigator family this week by knocking on their door after we saw the dad teaching his daughter to ride a bike outside.
- We dropped Nancy.
- We sing a lot in the car. (practicing for transfer meeting now too)
- We tried to contact a less active family we have never met before. They were home, didn't come to the door, so we sang "Angles we have heard on high" on their door step with hopes to soften their hearts. They still didn't come.
- I like to run randomly down the road a ways next to the car after backing up the car for sister Doolhoff.
- We contacted a family referral. They have strong baptist beliefs and he denied wasnting to learn more about our message right away because he believes that we downplay the role of Jesus Christ. SIster Doolhoff said she was praying to know what to say but felt nothing, i felt SO STRONGLY that I needed to recite The Living Christ. I did and the spirit was so strong. The father and his children ( ages 17, 12, and 9) were so intrigued. After I finished Sis Doolhoff bore her testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ while choking back tears. Needless to say, the dad agreed for us to come back.
- We street contacted an uninterestted man 2 times in a row, very awkward both times but he can't say one day that we didn't try!
- Our stake is starting a 40 day fast for missionary work Feb 1st. We introduced it yesterday and passed around the calendar for sign ups. We got home last night to find a message from Brother Vallejos (recent convert) saying, "Sisters this is Brother Vallejos speaken, I really need you to call me back this is urgent!" We called him back and he was so worried because the sign up to fast had somehow skipped him and he needed to know what days were open so he could sign up! He is so good I love him! And so do all of the members. Bishop yesterday said, " you know sisters if you would have asked me one year ago about Lalo joining the church I would have said no way. But look at him! I cannot BELIEVE how well he fits in and is doing!" :)
- I LOVE LUNA
- I will be going to the farewell dinner on Sunday, Sister Thompson and I will drive down 5 hours to the valley together! Then I will be in Scottsdale ( my first area)Sunday night! My new companion will be Hermana Knouse! Hermana Pew trained her too :)
Hermana Christensen




No comments:
Post a Comment