Our trio now consists of Sister Doolhoff, Sister Isert and me!
We sang 3 songs this morning at the Catron County swearing in ceremony!
Sister Isert is so cute and is a very talented singer. All of our non-member friends there approved of her! We got many compliments on how much they love us missionaries and what a great job we are doing at being involved in the community. People recognized us from helping out at the County fair and really complimented us! (non-members). The program had our name on it 3 times as: MORMON MISSIONARY SISTERS.
We just barely had a REALLY good lesson with a young family here in Reserve. We taught them the restoration and the spirit was definitely present. They agreed to be baptized after they talk about it! We have a return appointment. They are looking for a way to bring their family closer to God. We promised and testified that they are on the right path!
I love teaching to those who are truly seeking. And Andrea and David are humble seekers!
I love this area. I really do. Have I said that before? I will probably marry someone from the Eagar stake. I don't know who haha I just want to be a part of the Eagar stake family FOREVER!
Last P-day on my birthday we played soccer for a few hours in the dome. My lungs have gotten smaller probably :). It was so hard to breathe! Haha good thing being a good missionary isn't measured by how many times I can sprint up and down the soccer field! It was such a fun birthday, my companions did everything possible to make it the best day ever.
It snowed on CHRISTMAS!
Last night we got invited by the stake presidency to hike up Flat Top in Eagar to light the huge gas powered star on the mountain. There is a different person/ group assigned every day to hike up with the gas to power the star! It was a really good experience. We are really involved here with all of the stake leaders and members. The missionary attitude of this stake is outstanding. We got to the top and sang hymns. I absolutely loved it.
Also my brand new boots came on Christmas eve! And they already have a hole in one of the rubber seams on the heel...I tried fixing it at the Hamblins last night. Haha, I think it will be okay. These boots have just about been the death of us so I had to share.
Yesterday we went to church in Luna and officer Hammond (the one who pulled me over) and his family spoke in church.He shared experiences from his daughter serving a mission in Scotland. He talked about how HARD missions are and talked a little about his own. I just related so well to everything he said, and needless to say I was crying the whole talk. He shared his favorite scripture form his mission and I want to share it with you.
I LOVE this scripture now. He talked about what "might" is. Sometimes my willpower, desire, or "might" is not as strong as my mind or my heart in my service. I WANT to be fully invested in the work in every way but it is impossible without God's help. When I feel like I just can't give any more or hope any more or try again and AGAIN, I just have to remember to "wait upon the Lord". He gives power to my faint spirit and He increases my strength when I am COMPLETELY out of "might". I LOVE THIS!ISAIAH 4028 ¶Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Mom I was laughing about what you said ALL WEEK. You told me that you are "trunky" haha. Well, God will increase our"might" and He will help us both finish my mission by increasing our imperfect strength. I love you :) thanks for teaching me and showing me what Jesus taught us. I am grateful for your testimony. You are my favorite mom and I can't wait to ask you 1 billion questions when I get home! I LOVE YOU!
Let your strength be "re-newed" by the Lord.
Con carino,
Hermana Christensen





No comments:
Post a Comment