Lalo's baptism went so smoothly. So many member showed up to support him. Brother Elmer baptized him. Lalo's sister and brother in law came and we hope to start teaching them soon!
My favorite part of the baptism was after the ordinance while brother Vallejos and Elmer were drying off and changing.
We taught the restoration of the gospel and recited the first vision to the members and Lalo's family. Almost everyone was crying. I love how the truthfulness of the restoration can be testified to us over and over again by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Also my other favorite part was when Lalo bore his testimony. He tried to mention something about every single one of the pamphlets. How cute it was to hear his testimony about the law of chastity right after his baptism. The gospel is true! HE KNOWS IT! He is so happy.
Our Thanksgiving was great, we sang everywhere we went. We ate at three different homes. The Quetels, Hales and some non-members in Reserve the Kellers (who we have done service for).
I am so thankful for my mission. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost and the guidance I receive so often. I love the Savior and know that His atonement has cleansed me. Seeing the change in Lalo is so neat. He is so much more at peace. He seems more happy and calm. After he received the Holy Ghost yesterday in class he wasn't nervous and sweaty like usual! THE CHANGE IS VISIBLE! He talks to everyone who comes through the dump about his increase in happiness and knowledge. We hear about this from non-members! Lalo is already a great missionary :)
Love you all! Happy Hollidays!
#sharethegift

No comments:
Post a Comment