Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 70

Family

This week was good for many reasons. 
That family I mentioned in my last email from Pie Town branch accepted to be baptized! We drove out there yesterday with our branch President who referred us to them. The lesson was so powerful and everyone was in tears. President Hobbs bore his testimony so sincerely to the Castanons and they listened because they trust him and respect him so much. My testimony of member present lessons increased ten fold! Two new investigators in Pie Town! (fruits of all of those prayers!)
Brother Lalo Vallejos passed his baptismal interview yesterday with President Platt! He will be baptized this Friday! 

During a lesson this week Lalo said that he has never prayed so much in his entire life than he does now. He  said it makes him feel so good! He accepts everything so easily sometimes we question if he is truly ready for baptism. But I know he is! He is just so humble, that it's hard to believe some people really can be that way!
Brother Jay Platt told us that yesterday in Priesthood they had Lalo stand up and introduce himself. He said with a big nervous smile on his face, "I'm brother Lalo Vallejos. I live in Aragon New Mexico. I am learning more about your church because I want to live with Jesus again someday." And then he sat down. Brother Platt said it was the cutest thing! We love Lalo! And he now refers to himself as BROTHER Lalo Vallejos. He left us a voice message yesterday because we didn't have service, he said, "Hi sisters this is Lalo, I mean bother Lalo Vallejos and I need to talk to you!" He is so good :)

We 2 Thanksgiving dinners this week. The one in Luna we had SO MANY investigators show up. The one on Quemado was at the Baptist church. It was the Multi-faith dinner for the Pie Town area. Our branch arranged before hand for us to sing a few songs. We sang, Nearer my God to Thee and a little later For the Beauty of the Earth. Everyone loved it. And afterwards we were invited to sing in the Baptist choir! We weren't able to make it to practice yesterday but we hope to next week. 
I love our area. I love the holiday season! 
I got a new coat. I am a lot warmer now :)
We are scheduled to sing at so many Christmas parties during December. It's amazing what singing has done for this area.
Thanks for your prayers. God loves me :)
ALSO!!! TENDER MERCY. After I received a package from you all this week and found that pocket size hymn book, I was flipping through it the next morning and reading the hymns, and just felt SO MUCH GRATITUDE. I haven't ever told you how much I wanted one of those. I know that God knew though! It was something I had never voiced, but you sent it to me. I was so grateful for that pocket size hymn book you sent. So THANK YOU!!! From the bottom of my heart.
Also- that general conference workbook is the neatest thing! Thank you!! Did you make it?
I love you so much! I am so happy that I can be with you all for ever and ever and ever! PLEASE! Be good :)

Hermana Christensen

Burn ceremony.

I am grateful for this beautiful place in which I live! Happy Thanksgiving!

Also I forgot to mention- we saw a bear this week!!!!! At night driving home. It was in the middle of the road!!
:) My dream came true. Ah.

Making a snow globe with the activity days girls.

Morning jog.





No comments:

Post a Comment