Last night I really came to see how blessed our area is, how much it is growing and how good God is. I look back and think to how completely confused and overwhelmed and lost I felt when we first moved up here. Planning out the next day seemed like an impossible task. When we did make plans to go certain places they almost always fell through. I questioned time and time again if my feelings were correct on moving up here. We talked to people on the roads who ignored us, slammed doors in our faces when wed knock. I just felt so confused, for a long time.
Last night I realized ho much has CHNAGED over the past 10 months in this area. We actually have forged friendships with the ward and branch leaders. Members ENJOY having us over. Investigators keep appointments. Complete strangers have heard of us and ask to hear us sing. We have a recent convert and as of this week have 2 other investogators on date to be baptized in January. I am starting to see the truly God given miracles each day. The Lord does lead this work and everything is to be done in His time. I am still struggling with patience. But I have no doubt in my mind now that God is TRULY aware of this little area in New Mexico.
I am able to receive revelation for this area and where we need to go, what I need to do, and what I need to say. Keeping our covenants gives us power!
One of our inactive members from Luna works at the coutrthouse in Reserve. After a few very low key first visits she grew to like us over some time. She told us to visit her sometime at the court house few months ago .... So finally this week it felt right. We went in the court house to sing her a Christmas carol. She was delighted to have company and before we sang, she gathered all of her co-workers in her part of the building to hear. They all loved it and we gave them the "He is t Gift" cards and invited them to watch the clip. All were so pleasantly delighted. Then Sister Laney insisted on taking us around to some other co workers to sing for them. After we had been happily drug around the whole court house by our less active we had handed out "He is the GIft" cards to everyone we sang to and been invited by the head honchos to sing at the swearing in/inaugural ceremony on the 29th of this month! What a great way to meet all of the involved and proactive members of the community! I know that we wee led by the holy ghost that day.
We are teaching a new investigator named Crystal in Quemado. We found her on the street before Thanksgiving and she wants to be baptized. She has a little family that is struggling. Our first visit we asked her what she was looking for in life. She responded very solemnly, "I don't know what I am looking for exactly, I just now I am looking."
We are teaching a new investigator named Crystal in Quemado. We found her on the street before Thanksgiving and she wants to be baptized. She has a little family that is struggling. Our first visit we asked her what she was looking for in life. She responded very solemnly, "I don't know what I am looking for exactly, I just now I am looking."
We also were able to sing with the Nashville Tribute Band on Sunday. They did a devotional in Eagar and invited the missionaries up to sing with them. I was so fun! I was bawling through every song, even up on stage hahaha so I am glad I can be a model for crying while feeling the spirit.
I am still in New Mexico! This is my last full transfer! I asked for sister Doolhoff to be the designated driver. My resignation ha brought me so much peace so far :). I bought lots of Dramamine to dampen my motion sickness :)
Love you all.
Hermana Christensen
My birthday brownies from the stake with 42 candles for my 42 weeks here! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment