We had a few miracles this week!
First off- the Sanders came to Stake Conference this week in Eagar!
We got to spend all of Halloween in the temple!!! The temple invited all of the mountain missionaries to come because it is very dead on Halloween! It was such a great experience. My companions did baptisms and I stuck with a girl who just got back from a mission in Italy in our stake, Sister Wiltbank who I thought to invite the day before! She had just been released the day before and was so grateful to come with us because she didnt get to go to the temple her whole mission! We did an endowment session and then sealings. Sister Pew and I got to do sealings with President and Sister Sweeney and a few elders. Definitely a Halloween to remember! What a spiritual and ghostly place to be! :)
Cynthia dropped us last week. BUT she called last night and said, "I have been thinking a lot about you sisters and I wanted to tell you that you taught me a lot. I now know that I should pray night and morning and through out the day and that I can just talk to God whenever I want! I have been praying a lot for my sick friends. Thanks for teaching me that. Even though I haven't started reading the Book of Mormon again I will. And even though I have been baptized once and feel like I have done enough as of now, that could still change. I really appreciate you coming over and spending so much time with me. I want you to know that you didn't waste too mich time on me, because I feel closer to God."
I was crying of course by the time she gave me a second to talk. I told her she is always welcome to come to church (which she HATES church so she quickly shut down that inviation haha) and I told her that we don't feel like we wasted ANY time on her. I told her how happy I was and how it was the Holy Ghost that prompted her to call and tell us that. She agreed!
I love her so much. What a tender mercy it was to get that phone call!
We have been taking the garbage to the dump almost every week since we have lived here. There is a man named Lalo who punches our trash card before we can dump. We have been talking a lot to him about the gospel for a few months now and invited him to find his Book of Mormon and come to a few activites. Week after week he hasn't showed any sincere desire to keep any of the commitments we have left him. BUT this last week we made plans to get out of the car and teach him a lesson in the little shed he stays in all day. We did, he listened sincerely, showed interest in learning more, and accepted to be baptized on Nov. 29th! The garbage man is on date!!
We went to lunch in Alpine with a member for the cummunity Thanksgiving Dinner this week. There were about 100 people there and we only knoew about 10 of them (all members). One of our other members
had the feeling she needed to ask us to sing for the whole bunch. She asked if we would, then talked to the director and he agreed. We did a spur of the moment performance and the WHOLE place quieted down. They all listened intently. Af ew people even pulled out their phones and started recording. Everyone loved it, and we got great exposure in the Alpine community now!! I am so thankful for our proactive members who created that oppourtunity!
had the feeling she needed to ask us to sing for the whole bunch. She asked if we would, then talked to the director and he agreed. We did a spur of the moment performance and the WHOLE place quieted down. They all listened intently. Af ew people even pulled out their phones and started recording. Everyone loved it, and we got great exposure in the Alpine community now!! I am so thankful for our proactive members who created that oppourtunity!
We also visited a part-member/less active family for the first time yesterday. We had stopped by once before and left a note, and never heard back from them (normal). But we stopped by again because his less active father told us to go visit. The husband (member) was so excited for us to be there, he is the most humble less active I have ever talked to. We invited him back to church and eventually the temple and he readily accepted and turned to his SEVEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER ( who he can prepare to baptize soon!!!) and asked her how she'd like to go to church next week? WIth a huge grin she nodded yes! He commited to come to church this week! He was so grateful we stopped by. It was a miracle.
I feel very humbled to be in this area and to try and be a leader. Sometimes it's hard to be enthuiastic all the time. I feel the need to lead, but that takes great faith I am realizing. I love how hard this area is. I love how much I can feel my faith being tested. I love the need to rely on the Savior and the desire I have to know that this truly is HIS WORK.
We sang on Saturday for the adult session of stake conference. Afterwards we were thanked by so many people who said we made them cry. President Heap had talked to president Hamblin about us singing at the upcoming community Christmas event. He then asked us if we would sing at the multi faith "Reason for the Season" celbration the first week of December because we really invite the spirit when we sing! So now we are preparing Christmas songs :).
ALSO, I have tried TTI'ing many cows, every single time I try they run away. It's not just the people, even the cows don't want to listen! hahah
Hermana Christensen
It's November! We got a Christmas tree at the dollar store! Merry Christmas! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment