Family,
About the ONLY people I am really excited about in our area right now are less actives. The Sanders (In their 70's) are doing so great!!! They live in Datil and have come to church now for two weeks in a row!! They hadn't been to church since 1984 at the soonest. They are grasping everything we teach. Brother Sanders just stopped drinking tea and coffee without a problem practically. And the progress seen in their happiness is so real! They are on date to receive their endowments and be sealed before Christmas! I love the Sanders!! Even if the only reason we moved up here was for them- it is so worth it.
We also have another progressing less active, Sister Davis who is the last bishop's mother. She hasn't been to church in many many years and feels so guilty that almost all of her children are not active in the church. She has gone from not reading or praying at all to now...read an hour from the Book of Mormon last night!
Our companionship is doing well. Sister Doolhoff has so much fun yet is an exactly obedient missionary. She is such good example to me. And Sister Harrast always makes us laugh too. We are the best three friends anyone ever did see.
Rcently I haven't felt like I am doing th right things up here because no one is getting baptized anytime soon. It's hard to see the good sometimes, and to feel like our laboring up here is accepted.
I do LOVE these people with all my heart, it is just frustrtrating that they don't want to listen yet!
I love reading Trevor's emails because his excitement is so tangible! I remember when I was THAT excited about being a missionary. I hope he never loses that excitement! It helps me be excited too! That he can look at his tiny little "group" in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country and have so much hope! "hope is the anchor of our souls" and HOPE is the attribute I wish to strengthen. If I would stop worrying about all of the people that DON'T listen to us and keep looking for those who MIGHT my soul would have a lot more peace.
I am staying up in this area for another 6 weeks at least!
The Hunters last week loved our next rendition. One of them from Florida is anxious to get back and go see the temple there. We planted some good seeds. They all said they would go see "Meet the Mormons" as well.
My 2 companions and I are singing for the Adult session of stake conference on Saturday because President Hamblin asked us to. We are excited!
I am learning and growing everyday still. I am really thankful for the scriptures and for prayer. I love reading the scriptures. I love how much I am learning. I love being anti'd sometimes so that I can bear real, sincere wrenching testimony. I love praying and knowing that God hears me. I love knowing that I can live with Him again and feel and KNOW complete JOY. I long to choose the right yet I always make mistakes! I am never going to be perfect, not anytime soon. But I can always be COMPLETE in Christ.
Life is hard and Satan is SO REAL. But God's power will ALWAYS overpower the Devil's.
If you ever don't feel like praying- PRAY! Pray ALWAYS! And you won't be tempted. Satan LOVES it when we don't pray. Don't please him, please God :)
2Nephi 32
8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.
Hermana Christensen
9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.
Hermana Christensen
With President Hobb's dog Loki :) I love dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment