Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 64

I have never been more happy. We had a great week. Sorry I didn't email yesterday, we had a sisters conference in St. Johns and we didn't get back home until late! So we are emailing today! It was a powerful sonference for the sisters in the mountains. At the end we all were able to bear testimony and it felt like girls camp but better. We all were best friends after an  we all bawled together. Ah I love crying. Sister Doolhoff decided we burn calories when we cry haha which makes it even better. Us three were able to sing the opening song. I sang the alto part and was SO nervous but I am getting better! I love how much my companions are teaching me!

Miracles miracles miracles! We are actually finding prepared people for real now!!! Jesse is a man we talked to while we were at the Post office. He was getting into his car and ended up agreeing for us to come by his house. We finally found his house this week.
The morning that we taught him, I prayed outside after exercise out loud.
I was pleading with Heavenly Father to PLEASE let us teach a prepared person. ANYONE. I prayed so sincerely and promised to listen and follow His promptings. 
When found Jesse's house, I told the sisters about an experience I had at his house a few months ago. It was before we moved up here and I was with Sister Arevalo. We talked to the people outside this house and they yelled at us to go away. We did, but then I turned around and gave them a pamphlet as he screamed at us for trespassing. haha. So i was apprehensive to come back to this house. But Satan always tried to scare us from the prepared souls!
We knocked on the door right as one of his friends was leaving and so we scared each other and he started screaming- as sister Harrast tried to run away and trips down the porch steps haha. Then we explained we were looking for Jesse, Jesse invited us in happily. He was shirtless and covered in tattoos and piercings in a house full of the smell of smoke. He has a pool table as his living room furniture and liquor bottles lining his kitchen. 
We went over some how to begin teaching points that went PERFECTLY and he said, "it's so weird that I met you all and you came by because I was just talking with my girlfriend the other day about finding a church."
He agreed to be baptized and is so humble. He is the coolest man I have ever met. I cant wait to meet his girlfriend too! 
He attends Narcotics Anonymous right now too... He is trying to change! What a perfect time to meet us :) I know Heavely Father answered my prayer. It was a miracle. 
We also received a referral yesterday over the phone, our relief society president met a woman with a child in Alpine who want to meet with us! THEN yesterday we got a call from a man living in KINGSMAN AZ with a friend in RESERVE who wants to meet with us!!!!!!!!! Members are THE BEST!!! 

Also I don't think I told you about the miracle in Pie Town from the Pie Festival. We talked to a woman that was selling T shirts, I was looking to buy one for Dad but none caught my fancy, this woman lives in Datil and is agnostic with an atheist husband. I asked them if she knew Sister Owens who lives in Datil and she said yes! Anyways... now this woman's daughter goes to church with Sister Owens every week. The mother wants to give her daughter the opportunity to learn about Christ. It was so great to see sister Owens and Niah (the girl) and Bernie all together at church. AND BERNIE GOT THE PRIESTHOOD and passed the sacrament. It was a great Sunday.
We had another lesson with Dale this week. We are hoping he will come to church! He is reading the Book of Mormon and praying! Keep praying for him :)

I love my area I cannot tell you enough. It has changed so much. I know we are exactly where we need to be and I know God is helping us to find His prepared. I love being a missionary for these stubborn people!

Jesus Christ lives and helps me everyday. My Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers every time I know it. 
I still love 1 Nephi 17. It is just like our area up here. We are actually starting to build the ship now that we made the tools!
Hermana Christensen.



Sister Owens teaching the two kids in Primary in Pie Town. (Niah)

No comments:

Post a Comment