Well the less actives we are working with in Pie Town came to church yesterday!!! President Hobbs was so happy! That was our little miracle this week!
Also during planning we were thinking about who to bring to Jesse's lesson. After a pause I said, brother Parnell. Sister Doolhoff about exploded because she was thinking the same person and was about to say it! We brought brother Parnell and they were PERFECT for each other. Jesse was so receptive and his girlfriend was the nicest girl ever too!
Also during planning I had a feeling we really needed to visit the Hulseys. Our lunch fell through yesterday so I ended up asking Sister Hulsey if we could go by and eat at her house after church. She said they had no food in their house but that we could go by the lodge where their hunters are and her daughter Larae would cook us something. So we drove up the dirt road to the lodge to awkwardly find Larae not there. Then Sister Hulsey pulled up and told us to stay, that she would go and get Larae.
During lunch we talked to a few hunters. Two were 15 mils away from where sister Harrast lives in Michigan- Crazy! And other two were from Florida. After lunch we ended with our signature "Nearer My God To Thee" song. Only one hunter was in the room with Larae. He didn't really say much and didn't wan to learn more. But we walked out to our truck and two of the men were on the porch. They told us how good we sounded, that they could hear us from out there. We left, only to realize ( after 10 minutes) that we forgot our cell phone. When I went back, Larae quietly pulled me aside and said, "they have been talking about your little musical number ever since you have left! You left such a good impression!"
Then we invited all of them to learn more after they asked us some more questions. They all said no..
Then 5 hours later we got voice mail from sister Hulsey saying that the hunters have asked them so many questions about us missionaries and Mormons and they want us to come back to lunch again!!! So we are going back
tomorrow for lunch! And are preparing more songs to sing.
That was such a miracle. Sister Hulsey was so impressed with our following the spirit to ask her for lunch.
I love being a missionary. People reject us a lot, and lots of people still don't want to listen to us. But in my interview this week, President told me about the people he has talked to from Luna who thank him for us, because we have changed all of Catron County's attitude towards Mormons. We ARE making a difference President assured me. I cried of course. It's hard to see the progress at times, but then I look back and realize how far our area has come along. I love it up here so much. I can't tell you enough!! I love my two companions and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Hermana Christensen
P.S.I am half way done memorizing "The Living Christ" in Spanish!
P.P.S. We can get on Facebook now to share messages!
Cleaning an investigator's house, we washed all of her dishes. While discussing religion of course. This picture may or may not be posed.
Our favorite little Parnell boy.
We are the message!
Breaking the rules! No, just Mary's porcelain replica of her mother as a baby.
This is Mary (investigator) and her porcelain baby doll Sarah. Sarah was made to look like Mary's deceased mother. She loves Sarah! So do we!
We made Baklava and bread with Carol and her sister Sheila visiting from England! We love them!!! Call us cultured. Sheila doesn't believe in God. We had an interesting discussion.
In Brother Sink's model A Ford he built!
Self- explanatory :) In front of our little cottage :)
No comments:
Post a Comment