Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 63

We watched conference with Cynthia Saturday morning. She loved it and she loved how much it talked about missionaries. She is almost done with Mosiah. She leaves tomorrow for a horse back riding trip to in Utah. She will be in Tropic and Kanab and all those good places. We hope she has lots of good exposure to the LDS there! 

Mary C, one of our investigators in Reserve wants to be baptized! It was a miracle. She doesn't understand very well. But on exchanges Sister Cole came up with Sister Doolhoff and I and it was so inspired to have her there with us! Mary still didn't understand why she would want to be baptized again after being baptized in the baptist church just last month. Sister Cole then with a GENIUS idea explained to Mary that her baptism that she just had was only done with authority to make it last until she dies. BUT that baptism done with God's power and authority in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will last FOREVER even after she dies. A light bulb clicked in Mary 's head and she said, "Okay, I didn't know that! What do I have to do to be baptized with that authority?"
Ah it was so great and now teaching baptism with the proper authority will be so much easier! I love how much I still learn as a missionary! I never stop learning!

We also visited our less actives in the Blue. I prayed and prayed so hard that one of them would be there. She hasn't called us back in weeks. She was home and we had a good lesson with her whole family! Ah I love working on faith. It gives room for miracles to occur. 

I really loved the Saturday sessions too. I loved Elder Christofferson's talk. But I also loved Elder Bednar's. His are so clear and easy to follow and understand. Just FYI Elder Nelson's talk was made in Phoenix AZ. He told us he was working on it while he was staying here haha. 

We had another meeting with Dale L at the Thompson's last night. He agreed for us to teach him! He seems very open to listen! Just has some problems with organized religion and gave us a disclosure of "no promises". Keep praying for him! 

I love you all!
The elk are still my best friends. They are bugling like crazy.
Our house is FREEZING. Hopefully getting wood tomorrow!
Hermana Christensen


I AM the Message while pumping gas.


Cozy conference Sunday morning with the Elmers in Reserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment