My two favorite people in the world right now are Phyllis and Cynthia.
They just give me so much hope! I love watching them progress!!
So a few of the miracles this week...
Cynthia came to the Women's Broadcast with us! Sister Payne drove us
all out to the Luna building. We got there and were the only ones so
we hurry and set it up right as they were singing the opening song.
Sister Doolhoff and I bawled through the whole thing. I have a
companion who cries as much as I do now! Haha I love it! After the
broadcast we walked out and the first thing Cynthia says in her cute
smiley voice is, "Okay I have LOOOOTS of questions now!" She said,
"what is the temple!?" The whole thing practically was about the
temple! She is understanding so much! Little by little. She mentioned
on the car ride home how much she respects our church because in other
churches it seemed like the women weren't respected very well, but she
was impressed how highly esteemed the women are in our church and that
they are able to speak in functions like conference! Her prayers keep
getting better too! She doesn't feel like she is progressing but she
is! She is in Mosiah in her reading, learning about the wars between
the Lamanites and Nephites.
Phyllis is a gem. We had a lesson with her. Her husband was supposed
to be out looking for elk but the rain drove him back home. So he was
there for our lesson too. We figured out he is pretty anti-mormon. He
dominates our conversations and is very skeptical, I look at Phyllis
while he is talking and ask what she thinks, she mouths, "I agree with
YOU!"......
So....... We read a little bit of the Book of Mormon with them and
tried to leave them each a copy. Phyllis took one. At this point we
weren't so sure that she would listen to us and not her husband and we
were praying that she would read The Book of Mormon. And a miracle
happened!
The next morning we get a text that says,"Good Morning Sisters!
Enjoyed our visit last night. 1Ne 7:12 "The Lord is able to so all
things for men if they exercise faith in him;"
SHE CAME TO CHURCH WITH SISTER GRAY ON SUNDAY and stayed for all 3
hours. Afterwards I was talking to her in the hall about how she feels
and when we will see her next. I suggested we have another "girls
night" suggesting that we have a lesson without her husband and she
came right out and said, "I am so sorry, I thought he was going to be
gone the other night!" She looked me in the eyes and said, "I know
this is where I belong, I agree with everything that your church
teaches and I always feel SO GOOD when I come to your church over any
other church."
Phyllis has a testimony! She came to lunch with us afterwards at
Sister Gray's. She loves being around us. SHE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON
AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She grew up in an atheist home in Mesa AZ.
However after having 2 kids she almost died from a brain tumor and now
knows there is a God. She believes so much!
I love our area. I thought about the day I will leave it and how hard
my heart will hurt!
HOW WE TALK WITH EVERYONE:
The other day we were driving trying to find an alpaca ranch that
these people we met at Pie Fest owned. A ways north of Pie town. We
had been driving on this dirt highway for a while and I started to
wonder if we were lost. Not 20 seconds later an oncoming car
approached and I waved my arm out the window and slowed to a stop, I
asked them where to go and then we asked them if they had a Book of
Mormon. They did and knew missionaries where they lived. I testified
that I knew what the missionaries taught them was true! We gave them
a pass along card and told them to call and get a free movie about
Christ!
Driving to Alpine the people in front of us pulled over to take
pictures of Elk. I turned around and got out and offered to help. They
were members but we gave them mormon.org cards and invited them to
give one to a friend.
Then off we went and another man was pulled over on the side of the
highway. Same thing haha. He wasn't a member though, his wife is a
member and he is catholic. He kindly turned down our invitations and
as we left I called him brother and it caught him very off guard and
he laughed.
I am thoroughly convinced of my seed planting gifts in this area.
Pulling off the highway to talk to people is what we do every day!
We also got lots of new service opportunities this week! And a
non-member who loves us and calls us her angels is taking us to lunch
this week.
I have heard many times now from various members and non-members how
much we have changed this area. How blessed the people are to have us
here and how much light we bring to these little towns. I LOVE IT. :)
So many people are more open and nice to us because of the great
reputation we have from serving up here!
I love my mission. I love being a part of the building up of His
kingdom. There will be a Pie Town temple someday :) haha
Hermana Christensen
Sorry no camera cord...
We are in Eagar because we saw MEET THE MORMONS this morning in
PineTop!!!!!!!! IT WAS SO GREAT!!! I CRIED DURING THE CANDY BOMBER
PART and at the end. Watch it the weekend it comes out! They will play
it longer in theaters according to how many people watch it opening
weekend!
LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment