-We play volleyball Monday nights in Reserve with the community. BEST way to make friends. And I am not too bad at volleyball!
- We drive to Eagar once a week for district meeting and get a few groceries while we are there.
- We went to a community self defense class this week and learned some survival skills. Also we each have a killer cat key chain (a self defense tool).
- Also sister Thompson in Luna gave us the self defense Hair brush- the brush pulls off and turns into a killer dagger.
- My testimony is being strengthened of the importance of The Book of Mormon. I am studying 1 Nephi chapters 12-14 and others. The restoration is a marvelous truth.
- We sang at a funeral this week. We did real well, accapella. It was Bishop Payne's first non- LDS funeral and he gave a wonderful sermon on the resurrection. He and his wife and us missionaries were the only Mormons. There were about 60 people there and we got a lot of compliments after and met a lot of new people! It was really good. I am surprised at how I am coming to recognize people in the community and remember their names! We almost know every person here! haha.
-We drive about 100 miles a day on average..
-We are hoping to get a truck soon! The other day bishop had to drive us to a dinner appointment because our car can't go on certain roads. To get to the home we crossed a river 7 times. They live down this MAYAN canyon in a river bed of rocks and among trees and snakes. It was the most unique living quarters I have ever been to. They don't have a house. They have like an army camp set up. It was different!
-Katie in Pie Town wants to come back to church- WOOHOO. And she wants visiting and home teachers!
-Kristin in Pie Town finally let us know how anti-mormon her husband is. But she still wants us to visit her, and will think about letting visiting and home teachers be assigned to her.
We have interviews and inspections this week I am really happy!
I am so happy that Trevor received his endowments!
Love you all!
Hermana Christensen
Also at Joyce's I french braided Sitka's hair haha. Everyone doubted me. I did it! I want a husky! So I cant french braid its whole body!
District Meeting
Lipstick
No comments:
Post a Comment