Crazy week. Sister Lee was sick for two days so that set us back a little bit. Nevertheless, we saw many miracles.
We saw Gary again this week! He finished the whole restoration pamphlet and told us it was all right on the money except for when it got to Joseph Smith. He clarified on a few more of his concerns and we tried to help him understand a little better from teachings in the Bible but he just said he disagreed. So I happened to have a Plan of Salvation pamphlet in my current proselyting Book of Mormon. I asked him, "Gary have you ever wondered where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going after you die?"
He said, "woah those are deep questions."
He thought for a second and said "yes, I do wonder that."
We invited him to read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and he agreed!
So we will just keep helping him along! Good thing we have so many pamphlets!
I went on exchanges this week and I went down to Eagar with Sister Heap while sister Thompson came up here with my two companions. It is good to be in a different area for a change sometimes! We taught a woman in a retirement home with Dimensia- that was a blast. Then we visited a few more people and had a BBQ dinner up in Nutrioso.
Now I will back up to about a month ago. Sister Lee went through the temple with one of her Less Actives and Sister Arevalo went too. So sister Heap, Pass and I worked in Eagar. Dinner that night happened to be at the Roger's in Sister Heap's ward. It was her first time at dinner there. Anyways, it ended up being Kaisa's new husband's grandparents house! Sister Rogers said that Kaisa would be visiting for the 24th and I said oh you should come up to the Rodeo in Luna! We will be doing tickets......
So fast forward to this week. I forgot about Kaisa and the Rogers until we drove past the Rogers and I said," it's the 24th weekend! Kaisa was supposed to be here!" We stopped by to see, before we headed to Nutrioso fro the BBQ. Sure enough, I got to see Kaisa and her whole family. Small world. It was a little tender mercy. What are the chances I was in Eagar in sister Heap's area for that day one month ago for dinner and the day this week that Kaisa was there?! Heavenly Father loves me so much that he set that all up :). I was asked to offer the prayer before we left their home. Such a tender mercy.
Well transfers are next week and I am excited to see how our are will be changed up! I am so excited to stay! ( I don't officially know yet, but I do know I am staying.)
Sister Thompson in the Luna ward gave me a Luna t-shirt that she bought at the rodeo. She was wearing the same one and I told her how much I loved her shirt! I was in Nutrioso on exchanges so I didn't get a chance to see any of the t shirts. I asked her how I could get one and she said they only sell them one day a year at the rodeo. I told her I'd be back next year! As I was leaving her home yesterday she hugged me and handed me a folded up t shirt that was the same as hers, my size and everything. She kissed me on the cheek and told me she loved me.
I love my Luna mother! I know she did not purchase the shirt for me, but she was so kind and generous. I wore it bed last night and looked at myself in the shirt in the mirror as I was brushing my teeth and started to cry haha, I am just so happy that people are so kind!!!
Food for thought:
"Because we face challenges everyday, it is important that we work on our spiritual stamina EVERYDAY."
Daily scripture study and prayer are to protect us from falling into temptation. Just like exercising our bodies we need to work out our spirits so that we may win the daily battle to Satan and his temptations! We are commanded to read and pray each day. Remember, obedience brings blessings!
I love you!
I love being a LUNAtic!
Hermana Christensen
After Volleyball last Monday we came home to a beautiful full rainbow!
I made bacon jalepeno poppers the other day :) my companions are hooked.
Luna T-shirt :)
No comments:
Post a Comment