Girls camp was awesome. The first day with the YCL's we talked to them 3 times (3 groups) for an housr each time. Tiring. As sister missionaries. We each shared a different aspect for about 10 minutes of how to come closer to Chirst. I talked each time about prayer. I shared a personal experience and yes i cried every time. At dinnner that night one of the girls (Brook) came up to me and thanked me for my story because it really helped her. I asked her about it and she told me why. She is so sweet and asked me for advice everyday at camp. She looks like a combination of Riley and Savannah. Everyone told us we looked like sisters.
This happened with so many of the girls. I MADE SO MANY FRIENDS! haha I really LOVE all these girls so much. I was able to love a lot during camp.
This week at girl's camp a miracle happened. We had 1 non member come with the Luna ward to camp, Logan B. She is 16 years old and lives VERY far from the church but has come a few times over the years with her non-member mother. At camp she got along well with all the girls and with us. Friday during the day Logan read the Book of Mormon with Sister Pass and ENJOYED what she read and learned. Testimony meeting came Friday night, she bore her testimony about the Love of Christ. After testimony meeting was over we were all walking towards the bathrooms and sinks to get ready for bed. I walked next to Logan and asked how she was.
She said, "just thinkin."
I responded, "thinkin about what?"
"activating" she said.
I asked, "activating what?"
Logan said," come on you are bright.....Activating myself in the church!"
I grabbed her shoulders and retorted with wide smiling eyes, "you want to be baptized?!"
"YES!!" She said!
By then Sister Lee and Hermana Pass were by us and we all squealed and embraced her and jumped up and down.
Logan told us how she has been to so many different churches but that she always feels SO GOOD when she is at the Mormon activities, she said "there is something about your church that makes it different from the rest and it makes me feel so good!"
We were so blessed to be at girl's camp and forge this friendship with Logan. She is excited to see us again!
I feel so happy! We are seeing miracles! There are prepared people here, we are sure of it, just is a matter of finding them.
We are trying to figure out how to REALLY motivate the members to HELP us. We literally cannot do anything with out them up here.
I failed to mention that on July 5th when sister Lee and I were on our way to Pie Town we decided to stop by President Hobbs and President Parker's homes on our way. They both live by Quemado Lake. We didn't know exactly where, just kind of, but there aren't too many houses between us and Pie Town so I figured we could find it. Anyways we didn't. But on our way back from the Lake to the main road, and ambulance passed us, headed up towards the lake. I figured an accident happened on the Lake right? Well, then that night the scary lightning happened. Then the next day at church Sister Lee and I were studying in the relief society room and Sister Hobbs and President Hobbs were the first to show up for church. Sister Hobbs walked in with her sunglasses on and asked how we were and hugged us. Then we asked how she was and she started to cry and said, I am very sad this morning. President Parker passed away last night." This happened with so many of the girls. I MADE SO MANY FRIENDS! haha I really LOVE all these girls so much. I was able to love a lot during camp.
This week at girl's camp a miracle happened. We had 1 non member come with the Luna ward to camp, Logan B. She is 16 years old and lives VERY far from the church but has come a few times over the years with her non-member mother. At camp she got along well with all the girls and with us. Friday during the day Logan read the Book of Mormon with Sister Pass and ENJOYED what she read and learned. Testimony meeting came Friday night, she bore her testimony about the Love of Christ. After testimony meeting was over we were all walking towards the bathrooms and sinks to get ready for bed. I walked next to Logan and asked how she was.
She said, "just thinkin."
I responded, "thinkin about what?"
"activating" she said.
I asked, "activating what?"
Logan said," come on you are bright.....Activating myself in the church!"
I grabbed her shoulders and retorted with wide smiling eyes, "you want to be baptized?!"
"YES!!" She said!
By then Sister Lee and Hermana Pass were by us and we all squealed and embraced her and jumped up and down.
Logan told us how she has been to so many different churches but that she always feels SO GOOD when she is at the Mormon activities, she said "there is something about your church that makes it different from the rest and it makes me feel so good!"
We were so blessed to be at girl's camp and forge this friendship with Logan. She is excited to see us again!
I feel so happy! We are seeing miracles! There are prepared people here, we are sure of it, just is a matter of finding them.
We are trying to figure out how to REALLY motivate the members to HELP us. We literally cannot do anything with out them up here.
After we talked to Sister Hobbs for a minute she left, then President Hobbs came in and asked if we heard about President Parker. We said yes and he looked at us with tears in his eyes, '"Sisters, I need your help, I am losing everybody in the branch. "
Talk about MOTIVATION!
His wife Della asked us to sing at his funeral "I am a Child of God." I remember that's the song we sang at Grandpa Eem's funeral.
As we started to drive away she started running towards the car so I rolled down the window. In her Russian accent she told us how she didn't appreciate us talking to her husband instead of her. That we are missionaries and should know that that is immodest.
Hermana Christensen
Brook and I
The first aid girls
No comments:
Post a Comment