I love love love Luna and Pie Town
I am so ecstatic! I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE THIS AREA! We are working really well up here and the members are all starting to catch the missionary spirit.
We are praying and fasting to find one investigator.
Miracle happened. We contacted a referral and sat down to ask her about service opportunities in the area. She referred us to SEVERAL people. Right after left her home we had a lunch appointment with Bishop Payne. But we had about 5 minutes and I turned around because we had just passed a street one of the people lived on that we had just been referred to. We didn't know the exact house but we chose a house, stopped and prayed then got out of the car. In the driveway was and elderly man a little hard of hearing. We introduced ourselves and asked where Viola lived. He pointed to the house down across the street and said to tell her that "her neighbor Gary says hi!" We agreed and then he asked if he could have our Watchtower because he enjoys reading those. We told him that we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses but I handed him a Restoration pamphlet with our number on the back and invited him to read that. He held it out and studied the cover for a few seconds while saying under his breath, "restoration"....
We are praying and fasting to find one investigator.
Miracle happened. We contacted a referral and sat down to ask her about service opportunities in the area. She referred us to SEVERAL people. Right after left her home we had a lunch appointment with Bishop Payne. But we had about 5 minutes and I turned around because we had just passed a street one of the people lived on that we had just been referred to. We didn't know the exact house but we chose a house, stopped and prayed then got out of the car. In the driveway was and elderly man a little hard of hearing. We introduced ourselves and asked where Viola lived. He pointed to the house down across the street and said to tell her that "her neighbor Gary says hi!" We agreed and then he asked if he could have our Watchtower because he enjoys reading those. We told him that we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses but I handed him a Restoration pamphlet with our number on the back and invited him to read that. He held it out and studied the cover for a few seconds while saying under his breath, "restoration"....
We went back the next night to see if he had read it. He read the first four pages then got too tired and fell asleep. But he told us how he agreed with everything it said about how there are apostasies and God takes away His power from the earth for a while when the people are bad. I felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. He told us this long story of how he died 25 years ago and had an out of body experience, then heard God's voice telling him that it was not his time to die yet.
Since that he has been praying for 25 years to find what God's purpose is in keeping him alive. He has been baptized twice already and knows that he is a son of God but he is "churchless" right now because he does not agree with how churches interpret the Bible. I know that we are an answer to his prayers. He doesn't know it yet but he will. He agreed to finish the pamphlet and pray about whether or not it is true. I testified of its truth then we left. We will visit him again in a few days.
MIRACLE.
I love how fresh this area is. We are able to find people like this with NO exposure to the church who have been waiting for YEARS to hear the truth.
I know we are true messengers of Jesus Christ.
I love how fresh this area is. We are able to find people like this with NO exposure to the church who have been waiting for YEARS to hear the truth.
I know we are true messengers of Jesus Christ.
Another miracle. Hermana Pass left to Eagar for the baptism of her trek sister on Saturday so it was just me and Sister Lee together for a day. Along with the Gary miracle another miracle happened that night. We were staying the night in Pie Town in our little trailer. Our housing coordinator called us and asked us to find the meter number for the electricity so we can get power in our trailer. It had been raining but had stopped.
(Monsoon season started this week and it storms everyday)
The sun was setting and the whole sky was a really weird yellow color and was like a huge cloud that had no dimension. The sky was creepy. But we were trying to find the non-existent meter number we have been searching for for weeks. I was messing with the box on the electric pole, then stepped away for a second. All of a sudden the whole wire right above us lit up and buzzed because it got struck by lightning. I stood there with my mouth wide open just staring at it. And sister Lee started booking it for the church. I was seriously shocked I couldn't move. Then sister lee grabbed me and we went inside. If I would have been touching the pole still I probably would have been electrocuted. It was a miracle!
Also. We visited the Green's this week. A less active family Bishop asked us to see. We have heard about their dogs and been told to be very careful because their dog has bitten almost every person that has visited them badly. We went in and they had one dog that was super nice. We got to know them a little then the mom left to go to the bathroom. All of a sudden we hear her scream "oh no I didn't know he was in here!" (She let the killer dog out on accident). Everyone in the room isn't very healthy so none were quick to catch it. They all screamed to get it so it wouldn't attack us. But all it did was bark and sprint to us, then it stopped right in front, sniffed us all and walked away. They were all in awe. It was a miracle, that the dog only sniffed us they said, I know we were protected.
We are seeing lots of tender mercies. I love this area and am SO SO HAPPY. President wrote today and said I will probably be here for a few more months! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't wait to see how much this area will grow. He is also working on getting us a truck! We are being so blessed!!
We go to girl's camp this week!
Life is crazy and rewarding as a missionary.
Also we will get ipads in the fall we are told!
Alma 5.
32 Yea, even wo unto all ye workers of iniquity; repent, repent, for the LordGod hath spoken it!
33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy areextended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
34 Yea, he saith: Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the treeof life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely;
58 For the names of the righteous shall be written in the book of life, andunto them will I grant an inheritance at my right hand. And now, my brethren,what have ye to say against this? I say unto you, if ye speak against it, itmatters not, for the word of God must be fulfilled.
59 For what shepherd is there among you having many sheep doth not watchover them, that the wolves enter not and devour his flock? And behold, if awolf enter his flock doth he not drive him out? Yea, and at the last, if he can,he will destroy him.
60 And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and ifyou will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are hissheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enteramong you, that ye may not be destroyed.
Also we just named the Snow's 8 puppies.
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Christensen
33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy areextended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
34 Yea, he saith: Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the treeof life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely;
58 For the names of the righteous shall be written in the book of life, andunto them will I grant an inheritance at my right hand. And now, my brethren,what have ye to say against this? I say unto you, if ye speak against it, itmatters not, for the word of God must be fulfilled.
59 For what shepherd is there among you having many sheep doth not watchover them, that the wolves enter not and devour his flock? And behold, if awolf enter his flock doth he not drive him out? Yea, and at the last, if he can,he will destroy him.
60 And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and ifyou will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are hissheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enteramong you, that ye may not be destroyed.
Also we just named the Snow's 8 puppies.
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Christensen
Bernie's baptism!
workin'
Brushing horses in our boots
pig
Washing Joyce's windows.
Happy 4th! Eagar parade
Cruzville
I jog with a soccer ball on this dirt road in the morning.






No comments:
Post a Comment