Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week 49

Familia, (that's the only thing I remember how to say in Spanish) Jk. I am still practicing. Every now and then we meet someone up here who knows Spanish.
I am so happy. Heavenly Father is blessing so many people through us. 
Member after member came up to us at church yesterday to tell us about someone they talked to who said such good stuff about us sister missionaries! Our service is changing the hearts of the community. We are helping to prepare so many of these people to receive the gospel.
Something I remember from mission prep was when we were stating our purpose as missionaries.
"Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel..." He stopped us after "helping them". So it's..."Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them"!!
 I know that just by helping these people right now they will be more prepared to receive it!
Our companionship is so perfect. We all help each other out so much and have so much fun! We are the trifecta. 
We branded cows again twice this week. I'll send pics next week I forgot my cord.
Friday at Brother Cox' up by fence lake (Pie Town Branch). HE is a real cowboy. They live in the middle of NOWHERE up this CRAZY dirt road for like an hour. And then his house has no electricity. He is real. My job that time was giving shots into the neck muscles. Also we got SUPER dirty and brother Cox delighted in spreading blood all over us after he castrated soo that was fun.There were a few less actives and non-members there that we were able to talk with as well.
We are going to help him be worthy to receive the priesthood. He has just been active for about 4 years now after marrying a member of the branch. We also are helping to get a young women's program started in Pie Town. They are still working on getting the trailer fixed.
Then on Saturday we helped the Snow's brand their calves. It was 5 girls and 2 men, such a small crew. 1 was up on the horse roping and the other helped us flank. It was wild and crazy but somehow we all got it done together!
We are working now with Paul. He is the less active who stopped us in Reserve the other day. We brought officer Hammond with us yesterday to the lesson because Bishop requested that we bring a Priesthood holder with us every time we visit him and Bishop wasn't able to come. Officer Hammond was SO PERFECT during the lesson and he stayed and talked to Paul after we left. That was an inspired friendship. Paul is still super apprehensive and a little rebellious about everything we do but I have such a strong feeling that he wants us to help him SO BAD. He talked about coming to church next week with out us even bugging him too bad about it!
I love Luna. I love Pie Town. I LOVE THE PEOPLE here so so so so much. I want to be a cowgirl. We have girl's camp next week! There is a fire in Vernon where we are supposed to go so our location may be changed but we are excited! There are 17 non members going. 
I love the scriptures. I am making my way through the New Testament right now and I know Jesus is the Christ. He performed miracles. It's all true. I love His teachings and I love Him so much. I am so thankful for the atonement and the power I am able to access through it. 
I am so excited for Trevor to be a missionary!
Are you all still reading Preach My Gospel? What are you learning?
Thanks for having fun in Hawaii without me your trip sounded fun and I can't wait to see pictures! Especially of Coco. I would have rather been here though serving the Lord and pruning His vineyard :)
Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment