Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 48

I love my life, I am so lucky.  No I am blessed beyond belief. Our area is FLOURISHING right before our eyes. THINGS ARE HAPPENING HERE IN LUNA AND PIE TOWN NEW MEXICO.
BERNIE GOT BAPTIZED! HE IS SO CUTE! I was talking to him on the phone two days before about some things and I asked if he was excited. He said that he couldn't sleep because he was so excited! Awe Berns.

We have met so many people here who we have fallen in love with and who are falling in love with us. We are the senior citizen whisperers.
First off, Carol Moore. She is from England and lives 2 minutes away from us. We have planted her a garden and helped her shovel woodshavings at the saw mill into bags and lay them in her horse stables. She invited us over for  lunch and we love her.
Also Linda Burkhart. She is an old widow who plays cards with all the women in Luna once a week. She was a referral sister Carrillo and I had in February. We contacted her and she didn't want anything to do with us. BUT we have seen her a few times since then with our members and she accepted to have us come and clean her windows! So we got on ladders and had adventures cleaning her windows then she made us lunch and never wanted us to leave and she accepted a Book of Mormon!

We have so many old friends who just love us.
ALSO, Ms. Joyce Smallwood who we live with. She plays cards in Luna too and she told us in the morning the other day when we saw her walking that everybody tells her all the time how lucky she is to have us living with her. SO we thought "we need to start visiting Joycey". Last night we went to visit her and she had set out sliced cheeses and cherries and grapes and made a frozen limeade. SHE WAS SO EXCITED TO HAVE US OVER. So we talked for a while and at the end I asked her " how do you find peace?" She told us she finds peace in certain things but not religion like we do. Then she asked me, " How do you find peace?" I told her I find peace in knowing who I am as a daughter of God. Before we left I asked her if we could sing her a song. We sang I am A child of God. She teared up (SHE FELT THE SPIRIT) and told us how beautiful it was.
Little miracles are happening! These old single ladies all LOVE US! AND WE ADORE THEM. We are still serving a lot and getting to know the members.

The reasons I feel most happy right now are...
- This area I felt so curious about 5 months ago is now it's own area and FLOURISHING.
-My companions are so loving and obedient and FUN.
- The members are so supportive.
- The non-members are ABNORMALLY KIND and loving
- Our Bishop and Branch President are so supportive.
- I am doing EXACTLY what Heavenly Father wants me to do and am EXACTLY where he wants me!

I LOVE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!
WE ARE THE LUCKIEST MISSIONARIES IN THE WORLD. I LOVE NM.
Hermana Christensen


Zone Training Meeting



Photo shoot at the Snow residence


Laying out in our backyard during lunch :)


Random Bathroom pic in Pie Town ( the trailer still doesn't have plumbing or electricity so we use the church)


MY HALF BIRTHDAY drink

No comments:

Post a Comment