This. week. was. awesome.
After the temple trip on Wednesday, I was driving on main street in Snowflake on the way to dinner when suddenly the car starts beeping frantically at me and the screen in front of me says something about the engine overheating so I screamed a little to be dramatic and then pulled over in front of a vacant house. The hood was steaming a bit and we (idiotically) opened the hood and saw the engine coolant tank bubbling over. It didn't hurt us luckily. I kid you not within the next 10 minutes of this happening we had about 10 cars pull up next to us and try to help. Anyways- after much speculation and drama our vehicle coordinator told us the car had to left left in Snowflake and towed to ShowLow in the morning to be worked on because the car was still under warranty- no one else could touch it. This posed a bit of a problem because we now live about 3 hours away from Snowflake. Long story short....
Last night we spent in Luna with brother Thompson of the bishopric and his sweet wife who reminds me so much of Cherie Leavitt. We were able to teach them a lesson and feel to spirit so strong in their home. Brother Thompson expressed to us how thankful and "tickled pink" he is to have missionaries living in their ward. They have never had missionaries living there and let me tell you- miracles are happening. We have 19 referrals received this week. The members are becoming so missionary minded. I feel so FORTUNATE to be part of the building up of the kingdom in this special area. I LOVE the people in Luna.
I know that Jesus Christ is directing this work. Hearts have been being prepared for years here. I am so blessed to be an official representative of Jesus Christ right here right now.
The gospel is true, I love it. I am not perfect but I love striving to live it. Repentance is necessary and worth it, forgiveness heals. Faith in Christ is essential. And the sacrament cleanses. The Holy Ghost is real and really helps me. How grateful am I to know the way to be truly happy.
Pray for us here in Luna and Pie Town.
Hermana Christensen
Waiting to be picked up- notice the wolf box in the background (where little kids would wait after they got dropped off from school so they weren't eaten by wolves). This is right off our driveway.
I will have nightmares the rest of my life about cutting off ears.
Branding
Can you see all these ears on the ground? I probably cut off around 75 ears.
Thanks to Sister Campbell from Pie Town- I had a rockin outfit.
I love cows. especially babies.
I made a couch out of our kitchen chairs to lay on. Sister Pass was jealous and wanted to as well. haha
With Brother and Sister Thompson








No comments:
Post a Comment