Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 35


Rough - ER week.
This week may have been to hardest of my life- which is good I guess cause it wasn't TOO bad!
We did have 2 people buy us Dairy Queen Ice cream and then another day someone anonymously paid for our Subway- There are great people in the world :).
Sister Carrillo have really grown a lot closer together through some trials we have been facing. We had to go down to Snowflake for 2 days with 2 sisters and help them out a bit. Sister Pass and Zavala. It was fun to be in Snowflake again! It's crazy to think that Camrie grew up in that little town :) that I am now serving a mission in!
Our area up here has been struggling- but we know that sometimes we learn from experiences that we didn't intend to learn from. We have a good potential investigator up in Reserve that we plan to see this week now. Her dad recently passed away and she is so depressed and cooped up inside her home. We got a prompting to call her the other day because Sister Carrillo had met her at a Christmas dinner a few months ago. This woman found so much comfort in talking to us about her family and we told her we could tell her a lot about where her dad is right now. She is very excited to talk to us,
We have MLC again this week. People from Salt Lake are coming down these next 3 days to tell us everything we are doing right and wrong as a mission. The third day they get to be with all of us during MLC and teach us. That will be a long fun day in Scottsdale!
Next week is already transfers again! So I will write again next Wednesday :)
I love Jesus Christ. I love OUR Heavenly Father. I love Thomas S. Monson. I love King Benjamin this week. I love Joseph Smith too. I love Hermana Carrillo. I love President and Sister Sweeney. I love all my leaders and look up to them so much.  I love you my dear family!  

Hermana Christensen
P.S. I am getting really good at pushups.
 And I run about 2 miles everyday- except Saturday and Sunday.
I haven't played soccer for so long- and am still alive!


President hamblin's wife bought us some requested home goods :) We were so thankful!

WE GOT THE GOLDEN PLATES! Our car was the best :)  (it's only right from the family I come from!)



Sister Zavala

In Snowflake AZ




I told Sister Carrillo to ask the horses for help finding a referral. Hahah. They were attentive and good listeners! 

No comments:

Post a Comment