Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 34


One thing I know for certain now is that I love my Father in Heaven. This week I developed this LOVE for him. I know he is my father and I know he lives, loves me, listens to me, cries with me and laughs with me. I can say directly from my heart without any doubt that I love Heavenly Father.
 
Our area is strugling a little bit, with lots of old investigators dropping us and becoming uninterested (for now). But we are still somehow managing to find new people to teach and potential always arises after disappoinments. We are still working with Viri's (the twin who was baptized last month) mom, Beti. I went on exchanges twice this last week with Sister Goodwin from California. She is a Brazil visa waiter and we served in Scottsdale together the same time and now came up here the same time and are living together. She and I get along really well. Anyways. The first exchange was one we were doing by mandate. Then Sister Carrillo and Lee got sick so they stayed home and Sister Goodwin and I went out and worked both areas. I was so impressed with Sister Goodwin and her desire to speak to these Spanish people in her Portugese. She is so faithful, bold and fun and I learned to much form our exchange. Then we had a lesson with Beti and the spirit was so strong. I haven't fel the spirit so strong in a lesson since I have been up here. It felt good just to follow the spirit and bear sincere testimony to Beti about prayer because that very morning I didn't know whay but studied all about prayer and had an increible experience to share. She has been taught everything and we don't really know what to do cause it seems like everytime we go she has a new doubt, that she has already learned and know the answer to. Satan is helping her forget. But I know the lesson about prayer helped. She wouldnt commit to come to church during the lesson. But she ended up going!!!!! Her second time like EVER. We were in Pie Town attending the branch there of 30 people (cutest more family-like branch ever.  I loved it so much).

 I am learning more everyday. I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ can make anything unfair about life okay again. I read a talk this morning that explained how even Jesus Christ, someone perfect and pure still keeps his wounds in his hands and feet and side. We are meant to struggle through life, but our trials does not mean God doesn't love us. Perfect Jesus Christ suffered so we don't need to. He had a miserable and sad journey to fulfill here on earth yet he tells us all to be of good cheer. He is so loving and perfect.

Also after I came out from praying outloud in the bathroom I said the prayer to start companionship study. I was really intune to the spirit from my prayer right before. After the companionship prayer ended Sister Carrillo just looked at me and said, "you didn't have one error in that whole prayer, I was repeating everthing you were saying in my head and you said everything perfectly, conjugations and all." I was so happy. I know it's because of how close I was to to Spirit, the gift of tongues is so real.
 
Also we did family history this week. I was impressed to go to one end of the family history tree. As I sought help from the consultant, she very shcokingly asked the other consultant to look up a certain name on my screen onher computer and told me that was her ancestor too. So she and I worker together and had success in finding parents to I think it was Anders Christensen, she transferred lots of her work over to my tree. It was a blessing and miracle brought forth by my yielding to the enticing of the spirit upon where to go.
 
Hermana Christensen
Also, it snowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment