I am feeling anxious!
Sister Carrillo had been here in Eagar for 5 transfers and now she is gone and I am left with this wonderful area! My new companion is Sister Arevalo from El Salvador. She is my great-grandma (sister Carrillo's trainer). She was my Sister Training leader my first to transfers. She is such a good missionary and so loving.
Last week we went on exchanges again and sister Zavala came up to Eagar for a few days with me. We stayed the night in Alpine at a member's home and were able to visit a few less- actives up there. I know we were supposed to be there that times that we were. It is so neat to see how God helps place us in people's lives at the correct time. One thing I LOVE is finding out that we as missionaries were an answer to a prayer offered. It has happened so many times.
Another thing I love is when I can teach a lesson out of PURE love for the people. When my pure motive is"I want this brother/sister to live in the KINGDOM OF GOD". And the love works in me to help me teach by the spirit. I also love when Investigators feel the spirit. Last week with Sister Zavala we set my first baptsmal date since I have been in Eagar. It was with Lili. We taught lesson one soooo so simply using the pamphlet pictures. By the end, Lili (an investigator for many many months) said the prayer and was overcome by the spirit that I think it scared her so she hurried and ended her prayer as tears ran down her face. She is so worried about her wayward children. We gave her a Chapter in the Book of Mormon to read and she was halfways done with it by the time we were out the door. I love when I can teach completely relying on the spirit and EVERYBODY in the room can feel it. We are helping her prepare to be baptized on April 23.
I am excited to still be in Eagar! Our dreams came true and I was in the valley during the winter and in the Mountains for the summer! I am one blessed daughter of God. SIster Watkins is my sister Training leader companion and she lives about an hour or so away in Taylor/ Snowflake. She was in the MTC with me and I am so excited to get to work more with her.
I love being obedient and I love feeling so FREE to be happy with myself due to the little correct choices I make. Sometimes it is hard to be optimistic all the time. But I know that my high hopes will bring miracles. We are praying to find families that are prepared RIGHT NOW to recieve the gospel. Please feel free to join us. I know there is ONE family out here just so ripely prepared by God!
Love you all so much and I deeply appreciate your emails and love!
You should time getting Trevor's call on Mother's Day so I can watch him open it too :)
I am so in love with you family!! You have no idea.
I am also so in love with the gospel. Heavenly Father won't ever leave us comfortless, there is nothing we cannot overcome with the atonement of Jesus Christ if we but excercise faith!
The women's conference was INCREDILE! I couldn't sing I was so overcome with the spirit!
Yessica, a less active we are working with came to church on Sunday for the first time in 5 years!! I sat in nursery and helped her screaming kids with the nursery teachers while sister Carrillo took Yessica to classes. That was a miracle. We also made Menudo with Yessica and SIster Peters this week. It may have been the nastiest thing I have ever touched, tasted and smelled. Look it up!
Love Hermana Christensen
Also I got a hair cut today and a BUNCH of hair product for FREE from a member. I am so blessed!!
MLC trip- we are the mountain sisters
With 91 year old less active Pearl. We showed up and the whole right side of her body was swollen... we got Preisthood holders there, she received a blessing and later that night was rushed to the hospital. We hope she is still alive!
Transfer MTG with Sister Faw :)
MLC at the mission home
SO many cactus!










No comments:
Post a Comment