Thursday, February 20, 2014

Week 30


So I made my way up to one of the windiest cities in the U.S. I am in Eagar! It is very opposite of Scottsdale. I feel like I am in a little old abandoned town in Utah. My grandma is my companion too! Sister Carrillo! I just can't seem to get away from my family :) Sister Carrillo trained both Hermana Pew and Hermana Wheelwright. She and I are both sister training leaders over 6 sisters up here in the Moutains. Sister Pew is about an hour away from us in Show Low. I am really excited for all this change!!
 
So I had to say goodbye to sweet Minerva and her husband Mario and my beloved Cinthia.. we also invited Minerva's two other kids to be baptized on March 8th. Angel (13) and Samantha (8). All 5 of them will be baptized on March 8th! Mario showed up to church this week with dress pants and a button up shirt. Minerva told us how Angel came home from church and expressed a desire to have nice dress shoes like the other boys and a white button up shirt. So Minerva was so excited to hear this from her 13 year old boy that she went out right away and they bought him all of it (we haven't got to Keep the Sabbath Day Holy yet). He kept saying "mom are you sure? this is expensive!" She was so happy about it. Ah the progress their family is making is so incredible! We visited Cinthia everyday and she knows it is all true. She reads the Book of Mormon everyday. She prays everynight with her two little girls. The whole family prays together, they are really good. It was hard to say bye... But I think I will go down in the Valley to attend their baptism!
Minerva and Cinthia went to the Gilbert Temple with us last week and LOVED IT. Then the next day was Minerva's birthday, and so we ran in the morning to Burger King where she works as manager and brought her a little gift. Then she gave us free cinnamon rolls :).
 
I will miss her whole family! They all came to church on Sunday and then again to the Fireside we had that night! I was able to sing a duet with Sister Freeman! I got really nervous but we did alright!
Also I said goodbye to Lorenzo. He came to the fireside Sunday night! And to the scripture class on Wednesday. He is progressing like an animal throught the doctrine, just needs to get Sunday's off! He said next time I saw him he will be a changed man! We also visited him at work for lunch one day. HE WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE US. Everyone at his work knew who we were because Lorenzo had invited them all to come listen to us at his home. His boss is going to! Lorenzo is an awesome missionary already!
 
I don't really know much about my area up here yet, but there isn't a Spanish branch up here. We are over 3 English wards. And only teach in Spanish. So the ward translates for the Spanish members. I will let you know more next week about good ol' Eagar! I sent Riley my address up here. I don't know the zipcode so you'll have to look that up. Have a great week! I love you all!
 
Hermana Christensen
 
Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Valentine's box! I didn't know we celebrated Valentine's day! I was pleasantly surprised!
Also thank Grandma and Mike for the Popcorn Factory Valentine's box! It was sooo CUTE! And I was able to share a lot of the candy and popcorn with ravenous Elders at transfer meeting yesterday! THANK YOU so much! I feel so lucky to have such a supportive and loving family!




Last soccer game on Friday with Elder Black and Quiros!


With my beloved Hermana Guillen!


Dinner at Sugar Bowl with Jackie!


Our 6 bracnch missionaries. Sisters Freeman and Mortensen and Elders Quiros and Black.


The sunsets are so pretty here. EVERY NIGHT


Last zone sports!!

No comments:

Post a Comment