We had 5 lessons this week with Cynthia (Minerva's daughter). So let me explain the miracle that Cynthia is.... I LOVE HER SO MUCH. The first lesson we had with Minerva, Cythina was sitting in the corner of the room just kind of listening in. After the lesson she grabbed us and asked for our number so she could learn more... Then the rest is history. She is reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting the verses she likes. She and the rest of her family are going to get baptized March 8th. She is so excited to begin a new life walking along side Jesus Christ. The first lesson we had with JUST her, we were talking about how we feel the Holy Ghost. She told us that she feels so good inside whenever we come over. She says out of all the church's she has been to, she doesn't know why, but something she feels just tell her what we say is true. She is drawn to our message. So this week in a lesson we had, we were following up on the plan of salvation and answering some of her questions and doubts. We asked a few inspired questions and she shared with us a story....
The spirit was SO STRONG....
She said the week before we showed up at her house for the first time she was in Mexico. The last night there she had a dream. In her dream she was at her house in Arizona and she went outside to take a picture of the sky because it was really pretty. Then in the picture there was the virgin Mary and a little girl. She went inside to show her friend the picture. Then when she looked at it again the picture turned into a scary video or something. Then she went outside to take a picture again and it was snowing. So Cynthia woke up from the dream and called her only friend she had who lived in the snow to make sure everything was alright and told her about the dream. Then apparently that first night we came over, Cynthia was startled that I was in her house. She ran outside while we were talking to Minerva and called her friend and told her that the little girl that was in her dream "is in my house right now!" Cynthia told us that I was the little girl in her dream. It was me, just as a little girl. And that she knew I was sent to her for a reason. Then Cynthia closed the lesson and said a prayer for the first time after some coaxing into it. It was to most incredible heartfelt prayer. She and I were both crying and she was talking to Heavenly Father just like He was her friend. And she thanked Him for being so patient with her and for all the challenges she has been through. Cynthia is the most humble woman. I feel so much love for her. Her whole family came to church again and after the third hour Minerva and Cythia just sat there and didn't want church to be over. I love them!
Then LORENZO!! WOW he is a miracle. We visit him almost every night after he gets home from work. He listens to hymns, and reads testimonies on mormon.org. He is learning about the Book of Mormon and our church 24/7 literally. And then at night he puts his headphones on and falls asleep listening to the history of the Church videos. He wants to be baptized so bad. He is just working on getting work off I Sundays so he can come to church (before we had invited him to do so)!
Also Lupe came to church without us finding him a ride. MIRACLE.
Also Agustine a less active we have been visiting came to church for the first time in a year. MIRACLE.
I just cried in awe that he was actually there. Heavenly Father loves me. I feel so much joy seeing these people draw closer to Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ's infinite atonement so that we, as sinners from the fall of Adam and Eve, may be redeemed through our perfect Brother's sacrifice. Sister Wheelwright and I were able to teach the gospel principles class yesterday on the Fall of Adam and Eve. I learned so much. As we understand the fall, the Atonement of Jesus Christ has a greater significance.
Have a great week my loves!
I will write next Wednesday from who knows where!
Hermana Christensen <3
No comments:
Post a Comment