Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 31


Okay Eagar is very very different from Scottsdale. Have I said that yet?
There are more elk than people.

The members are OUTSTANDING. Our ward mission leaders are incredible. We had a baptism on Friday. A 15 year old named Viri. She is an identical twin.
 
We went to Reserve New Mexico this weekend. Sister Carrillo's and my area is the only one inthe whole mission that geos into New Mexico. Our area is huge. A member drove us out there and dropped us off at the bishop's house where we stayed overnight (my first mission sleepover). We had a few lessons there. And spoke in our Luna ward on Sunday (first time speaking in sacrament meeteing since my farewell!) It went well! We talked on the stake vision- building a seed bed for great leaders. Then we got a ride back to Alpine with our ward mission leader out there (Brother and Sister Nelson). The neighborhoods are similar to our cabin. They all live in these houses in the woods. Way spaced out. Far far away from civilization. So creepy to me!
 
I am at a loss for words still about the work here. It's like I am starting all over again. Building new freindships with missionaries, members and investigators. Sister Carrillo and I are working really well together in lessons already. We practice a lot during companionship study. She and I get along really well. It is different too because we teach in English a lot. It's like I have to mentally translate everything from Spanish to English before I say it.
We get to watch the temple dedication next Sunday. Every missionary in Arizona will have a statistic of 0 investigators at church next week!
 
I don't know what else to tell you. I am still getting the hang of things up here. So far I can tell that the members will make all the difference. They are so into the work up here it is neat. I have high hopes for this town becoming a little zion :)
 
Have a great week! Conference is coming up so soon!!
The sons of Mosiah are awesome. Read Mosiah 27 and 28.
 
Hermana Christensen




This was the first finger. Eventually it happened to all. The tips of all my fingers peeled off. I have skin issues!


 In our study room!


Road kill, it's cat friends were all lined up along the road watching it continually get run over :(


Alpine Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment