I don't really know what to say this week. Going to the hospital and being on morphine was definitely a highlight. Hermana Mortensen and Freeman had a baptism on Saturday but Ismael (I talked about how we met him) never showed up. So hopefully that will take place THIS week haha. Elder Holland is coming January 11 to talk to us, and the Gilbert and Mesa missions.
The weather wasn't as cold this week, you'd think it was a nice brisk morning in September if this was Utah!
I read a talk from conference this morning that I absolutely loved. "Wilt thou be Made Whole?"
It helped me realize how I can't do anything without relying on the Savior. It is our own decision whether to be happier or not. Agency is my new favorite topic. I am memorizing 2 Nefi 2:23 this week. If we want to live forever and be exalted, let us choose to do so! I want to desire to be more like the Savior. I am glad life is hard. I am happy we have commandments. So we can CHOOSE to receive a fullness of joy. I know it is completely our choice whether or not we are happy. I know only through Jesus Christ can we be happy and receive a remission of our sins again and again. This life is the time to prepare to meet God! 2 Nefi 2 just gets me every time. Meditate the scriptures. They are gold.
Hermana Christensen
Happy Birthday to me in 6 days :)
I will talk to you via FaceTime in 9 days for 40 minutes. If that's alright.
I got to choose all the dinners this week... I may gain 12 pounds.
At the E.R.
Elder Andersen and Elder Black brought us everything we needed while sick. Tons of Powerade, Jamba Juice, silly putty, saltines, flushable wipes... you name it!
Sister Wheelwright and I at the Mesa temple on Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment