I bought Tamales from a lady selling them out of a rolling cooler in Little Mexico this week. Then had them for breakfast the next morning with some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. Call me an Americanized Mexican.
Also, I love how close I can be to the spirit as a missionary. The other day I was standing in the kitchen saying a little prayer over my lunch and just started bawling. I felt so much gratitude for where I am and what I am doing and my calling as a representative of Jesus Christ! I just know there isn't anywhere else the Lord wants me right now :)
There are so many little tender mercies of the Lord I notice too. Just little things that most of the times are considered coincidences- they aren't. Heavenly Father is ALWAYS looking for ways to bless us.
It is COLD here. There were maybe only 2 days this week we were absolutely miserable on our bikes in the cold. We started calling members to take us everywhere. I feel bad but they are always really happy to help. It probably isn't THAT cold but at night on the bikes it feels really cold. I just wasn't prepared for this kind of weather! Haha but I got pretty good at bundling up and wearing my one pair of tights everyday. I might buy more today ok?
So random Maria who came to church last week is so awesome. She is going to get baptized this month. We taught her three times last week and she came to church again. She was late and missed the sacrament though so we have to push back her date. Her husband just left her and she has an 8 year old 5 year old and a baby. She has to find a job pronto and probably a cheaper house. Hermana Leon (Relief Society President) is working with us now to help her. But Maria is so solid and receptive to the gospel. She already knows it's true. I LOVE helping her learn.
Yesterday we went to the Mesa Temple lights with Anna and Evenlyn. New investigators. We went with Elder Black and Quiros and their little investigator. Hermana Inez drove us sisters all out. there were so many people and it was probably more fun than the Salt Lake Temple lights!
Love you and thanks for the birthday presents! Can't wait to receive them!
Hermana Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment