We have a very large pool of potential investigators. Our focus is inviting these all to progress towards baptism this week. At times I think that I am such a bad missionary because none of our investigators are progressing, I get so down on myself. And then I realize that it is Satan tearing me down. As long as we continue to lovingly invite our brothers and sisters to accept the gospel and live it, eventually some WILL follow and FEEL what we are trying to help them feel. I know I am an imperfect teacher- I am accepting that fact everyday haha. But I also know that what we are teaching IS PERFECT. I know as I do MY BEST He WILL make up the rest to help the conversion process occur. I know the Holy Ghost bears the truth of all things. I know it really isn't me or my companion who are teaching, but the Holy Spirit bears the truth of what we say in their hearts. I know this is true. I love knowing that my testimony wasn't forced upon me. But I actually had to inquire of myself and accept, listen, love and live according to the answers I received from my Heavenly Father through the comforter. The gospel is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the same church with the fullness of the gospel that Jesus Christ himself established. I realized something this morning in my personal study. How crucial the second part of the 3rd article of faith is. "we believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel." We can believe all we want that we will be saved by Christ and his atonement, but without obeying the commandments and living the laws of the gospel- this means nothing. We are judged according to our works and the desires of our hearts. I desire to live in the Celestial Kingdom for all eternity. This is possible only because of Jesus Christ, and as I continue practicing faith in Him and His atonement, repent, renew my baptismal covenants every week at church, act on promptings I receive from the Holy ghost, and endure this process for the rest of my life while helping everyone around me to do so as well. Wow I have so much work to do! We all do.
This week was the first time anyone has every really bashed us. And it happened twice the same day. I have never felt so sad. You can tell once the investigator puts up that wall where they refuse to listen and only accuse and question. It's really hard to keep quiet. It makes me sad because we only want to help them understand all of their questions but they insist on trying to prove us wrong when WE KNOW WE ARE RIGHT. We don't get angry and fight back though. All they have to do is pray and read the Book of Mormon and they too can know- not from us as missionaries but from God that it's all true. This is what I've learned. It's sad, but their time will come, their heart will be softened to only listen.
The Book of Mormon prophet nefi prophecies of a restoration in 2 Nefi 25:17-18
"And the Lord will set his hand again the second time to restore his people from their lost and fallen state. Wherefore, he will proceed to do a marvelous work and wonder among the children of men. Wherefore he shall bring forth his words unto them, which words shall judge them at the last day, for they shall be given them for the purpose of convincing them of the true Messiah."
The New Testament uses the word Atonement once in the whole book. Zero times in the Spanish version. The Book of Mormon uses atonement in its tenses 55 times. The Book of Mormon truly is Another Testament of Jesus Christ and His infinite atonement. I feel extremely blessed to live in this dispensation with the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
This week I realized I know a lot more Spanish than I was giving myself credit for. Hermana Wheelwright didn't speak much Spanish up in Eager as we do down here in Scottsdale. I know how to speak Spanish holy cow. It is SO FUN! I can talk to everybody! I know Heavenly Father is helping me out. It's so cool. I will just open my mouth and start talking and somehow I can carry on a whole conversation and UNDERSTAND what people are saying to us.
Also when we go to Mexico I made some friends who have a big house about 1.5 hours north of D.F. They want us to stay with them. Haha.
Aurelio came to a baptism we had on Saturday finally. He loved it. But had a dream about two months ago that he got baptized with a wife and kids with him... So he just is waiting. We still keep in contact with him. He texts us a lot but we aren't teaching him anymore. He'll want to be baptized one day.
Happy December! It's so cold here now. Not as cold as it is there, no way. But its chilly on the bicycle!
Thanks for your prayers and support :) Keep sharing the gospel.
Hermana Christensen
Thanksgiving breakfast at Inez'
Thanksgiving lunch at President Clyde's
Thanksgiving dinner at the Ramos
With Jalisco (my bike) and her bike
On our porch
No comments:
Post a Comment