I got sick this week. I threw up at the top of McDowell. Then was given "miracle water" by the members we were with right after to help heal me. Also, have I mentioned that I drink Apple Cider Vinegar on a regular basis? Hermana Pew and I have almost finished a whole bottle. Supposedly it's the cure-all and eliminates obesity too.
Yesterday in church I was so astonished, because I realized how much Spanish I really can understand now! I can understand every word. I can't quite speak fluently yet, but I think back to my first week and how lost I felt at church trying SO HARD to follow along. Now it takes a lot less effort to understand. I am making progress!
Teaching is so fun. Lessons are always such a spiritual experience. We are teaching Artemia and her family. We had our first real lesson with her this week and she got all of her kids to come and sit down and listen. And her kids friends. We have seen her around little Mexico for forever and finally she is interested in our message. So during our lesson she says, "I have a question, how are you baptized? Cause in the catholic church we are baptized as babies and not like Jesus was. He was baptized when he was older and in a river. It doesn't make sense."
WOW ARTEMIA why don't you come to church and learn of the true Doctrine of Christ!?
We opened up to a scripture and had them read then we explained how Christ was baptized and invited all of them to be baptized. They all want to learn more before saying yes. They are all so awesome. Artemia will be such a great member. Every person we meet we can't help but picture them in their future church calling.
We are recording a Christmas CD with a few other missionaries in our Zone to hand out to people. I actually am not as bad of a singer as I thought I was my whole life, mom!
Next week is transfers so P-day will be next Wednesday. Love you and talk to you then! Have fun in Hawaii Mom and Dad! Sounds so fun! Why didn't Kass, Coco, and Drew go?
Hermana Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment