Howard W Hunter said, "A great indicator of one's personal conversion is the desire to share the gospel with others. For this reason the Lord gave an obligation to every member of the church to be a missionary."
Doctrine and Covenants 84: 61
For I will forgive you of your sins with this commandment—that you remain steadfast in your minds in solemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing testimony to all the world of those things which are communicated unto you.
As members of his church, we are held under obligation to be missionaries. How strong of a desire we have to share the gospel can help us measure how converted we are and if we can "feel so now". All of us have felt the healing power of Jesus Christ's atonement. Bear witness of the spirit in helping you feel clean again. Continually convert yourself.
I have recently realized how prideful I am. "Pride is the universal sin, the great vice. It is a damning sin in the true sense of the word." The downfall of the people in The Book of Mormon always falls back to their pride. It's so hard at times to recognize pride in myself, but seriously EVERYTHING I do that is un-christlike is due to my pride. I know I can choose to be humble or compelled to be humble. I like to think that I can choose to be humble. When my desires aren't follwed by actions I always fail. No matter how hard I pray to change, I will never change without acting. I read "Pride" by Ezra Taft Benson probably once a week. It helps me align my will more to the will of God's. Because "unity is impossible for a proud people".
This week Hermana Pew and I improved and met a bunch of our goals. We struggled a little last week, just everyday missionary frustrations. We love eachother so much and are so happy, but Satan always helps us look for the negative about life, right? We asked our District Leader and his companion to give us priesthood blessings one night after dinner in a member's home. Mine was given in Spanish and even though I didn't know every word used, I felt the spirit. I felt love from my Father in Heaven. I felt impressions from the spirit that didn't have to be told to me through words. I love the power we feel from the Holy Ghost.
We obtained a referral from a woman we contacted on the street and are planning to teach. But our appointments keep falling through. Her name is Maria. Anyways, one time when we went to reschedule with Maria she says she can't because she will be with her neighbor Christina in the hospital. We asked if we could visit her Christina in the hospital and the rest is history :).
We visited Christina for un ratito and set another appoinment. For the second appoinment (last night) we brought Hermana Medina. We said our prayer outside the hospital entrance and Hermana Medina after said "hmm I wonder if it's a Chirstina I know." Turns out that they have been friends for a LONG time. They were neighbors for years and years. Christina's appendix almost exploded and has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks now. According to Hermana Medina she is NOW prepared to hear. In years previous Christina was always to busy. Chrisitna accepted to be baptized December 14th if she is out of the hospital and feels everything is true! Let me tell you- the hospital is SUCH a great atmostphere to teach in! We are visiting Christina again tonight and we are so excited to help her learn about the plan our Father in Heaven has for her. She is a sweetheart. We are also going to teach her how to text tonight haha. I showed her a picture of our family. She says you are all beautiful.
I love this work. It's so neat to notice the Lord's perfect timing and little tender mercies. I got another flat tire this week. Luckily it was a day when ALL of our appointments and even dinner were in Little Mexico so we could walk everywhere. What a blessing. We locked our bikes up to a pole all day. And at the end of the night they were still there. Only covered in bird turd. :)
Christ's atonement is real, powerful and availiable. Seek and find.
Hermana Christensen
Sister Pew's mom sent us matching scarves and earrings. Also, a Smash Burger is now our new next door neighbor. We love Smash Burger
No comments:
Post a Comment