A miracle happened this week in our district. We had our big stake fall festival on Saturday. Wow it was so fun. I absolutely love how wholesome Latter Day Saints are! As we were waiting in the dinner line with a few other missionaries they told us this...
1 and a half weeks ago--A missionary in Phoenix (maybe the Mesa or Tempe mission) was on facebook and randomly found a man and messaged him. The missionary told the man that he had a message for him from God. They messaged back and forth a few times and the man was complaining about a few things going wrong in his life. The man agreed to have missionaries visit him the next day (in our Zone). First lesson he accepted baptismal date from English elders. They felt this man needed to be taught by the Spanish elders (our District Leader and companion). That week Luis and his wife came to the activity and sat next to Hermana Pew and I at Dinner. He told us his story and said "the Lord sometimes speaks to us in strange ways". He is so excited about his baptism on November 30th! He and his wife came to church yesterday and on track for this day. WOW what a miracle.
We met a woman last week in little Mexico. We were walking to a lesson and heard someone yell out at us "look out its the Mormons!" We kind of just ignored it. But somehow ended up talking with Angie. She asked us a few questions then softened up as we listened to her talk about her life. She ended up sharing practically her whole life with us and crying about how hard she works as a stay at home mom. The spirit truly opens people's hearts to us. By the end Angie told us to please come visit her once a week (haha we didn't even ask). She just said "I would love it if you would come visit me every week"... Ah it went from her yelling a warning to the world about us to ASKING us to come to her home once a week. She is so hilarious. AND SPEAKS SPANISH.
The other day we were on our way to a lesson in Tempe and stopped to talk to a young man. We talked for a minute or two. He was cautious at first. Then we asked a few inspired questions as directed by the spirit and we all sat there in silence as he took a full minute to cry about how he knew God lives. The spirit was SO STRONG in this short contact on the street.
Little things like this happen everyday. We are constantly walking out of lessons saying WOW, or crying cause of how incredible these people are! And how strongly the spirit can manifest the truth. This is the work of salvation.
Last week I had my first real fall on my bike... Hahah. So we were riding back to our apartment in the middle of the day and the sprinklers were on. So the little pathways were really wet and I need to mention curvy. Hermana Pew was in front of me, I was going a little too fast for the wet surfaces I guess. I turned slightly and the bike flew out from under me one direction and I did a good smack and penguin slide on my stomach for a few feet. HAHA. I just sat there and looked around to see if anyone saw.. Hermana Pew was running towards me and then in the near distance I saw a head above the bushes bobbing up and down as it ran towards me. The other two Hermanas who live with us happened to be leaving at that exact second and saw the whole thing. Hahah it was a big fall. And after analyzing that I was alright everyone started busting up laughing. It was pretty good haha. Not even a bruise to show for it.
We are working hard, and learning how to improve each day. We are learning to become our best selves and stop comparing our selves to other people. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I study pray everyday to better understand his love.
Have a great week I love you!
Hermana Christensen
We run past Samara every morning
Pumpkin carving!
At my desk
Santiago gave me a coconut and Hermana Pew a pomegranate. haha we get random fruit ALWAYS.
I broke the coco and drank it with a straw :)
At the stake festival
No comments:
Post a Comment