Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 14


This was the funnest week yet. I want to ride a bike for the rest of my life. There are so many things that happen each day that make us laugh so hard! Last night we were leaving a lesson we had at Aurelio's with Hermana Medina (picture from my first week here) and Hermano Gomez (branch presidency) and Hermana Medina drove her car to our next appointment and we were meeting her there on bikes. It was already dark and we decided to take some back roads as a short cut. We were headed to our last lesson of the day and were so excited cause Santiago is super special. So I started to express my feelings of excitement about Santiago while Hermana Pew was harmonizing. Haha we were basking in happiness when all of a sudden I slammed on my brakes and fishtail skidded cause I about ran into an island curb in a church parking lot. It ruined my confidenece for a second and we died of laughter.

And today I hit a garbage can that was on the curb hahah it about took my hand off.

Oh and then last week hahahah we run to zone sports every morning at the stake center. The back gate we usually go through had been closed! And we could have walked ALL the way around the apartment complex and gone out the front but we were already cutting it close on time. I had the bright idea to hop the pokey iron fence. It was a half wall of concrete with the iron pokey rods at the top. So we stood on the concrete and then carefully tried to manuever ourselves over the pokey parts. She made it safely to the other side and my pants got caught (it is 5:45 in the morning and everything is funnier at this hour) but I just stood there caught on the fence saying "I got caught, I got caught, I got caught" while she just stood and laughed for a second. Then she helped me and we were on our way. But wow we just have so much fun!
Our work is alright, it's hard not to get overwhelmed with how many things I need to improve on. One of the miracles from this week was Santiago. This happened the night before the above story mentioning him..... He was our last lesson of the night and we couldn't find his home for a while, we finally found it while he directed us on the phone and we just had a mini "get to know him" lesson outside on the side walk (we can't go in his house unless there is another female). He told us he was in the army for 21 years. He just got realeased in 2011 and just moved here. He has no family or anything. He works all day every day. He is just such a loyal nice man. He told us- whatever your church/temple is, how do I join. What do I need to do? He told us the two times we have met with him we came at the EXACT moment of a problem he was having. Both times were the EXACT same issue. He knows without a doubt he needs to join our church. WOW. We had a really nice conversation with him then I said a prayer with him before we left. He just cried and cried through the prayer and at the end wiped his eyes. The spirit was so strong. This was our second time meeting him. He told us to visit him everynight. He gets back from work about 7:45. Somehow he will attend church. The next night- he wasn't home :( (in the above story) BUT he is just moving into a new house to get away from drinking friends. He is busy. We get our hopes so high for these people we meet. It's hard cause sometimes we experience disappointments. I know missions aren't easy because salvation is not cheap.
With dilligence- Satan's workings will diminish.
I love waking up in the morning! We have the way. The only way to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. How blessed are we? Share the gospel with our brothers and sisters. Pray everyday to have a missionary opportunity. Your eyes will be opened to an opportunity eachday. Then ACT on it. I know you can do it :)
Have a missionary experience filled week! I love you all so so much!
SIEMPRE,
Hermana Christensen
Also THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REFLECTIVE VESTS!!! We wear them to run in the mornings and at night when we be ridin.
Also THANKS for all the letters and gifts! I feel your love.
Also Hermana Pew and I play this game with the word "wow" cause I say it so much. One says "wooooow" and the other one mouths it exactly how we say it. HAHA oh the things that entertain us.


Group picture with Elder Teh.   
Elder Teh lives in Bountiful now! Right by the temple- in Stoneridge I think he said.  



Halloween party


Modeling the reflective vests


We love each other


I was trying to talk to Santiago in  spanish....
My companion is beautiful



She really liked this cactus

No comments:

Post a Comment