Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 13


The scariest thing happened last night! We were riding from dinner and it was dark. I was in front and the streets get kind of confusing especially at night cause they all look a lot alike. Well, I made it to Oscar's and turned around to find I was COMPLETELY ALONE. I was just waiting for a second expecting to see mi companera ride around the corner at any second. But she didn't and I slowly started peddling back to the main road. As every second passed I felt more and more afraid and I was expecting the worst. I thought someone had kidnapped her and had her down one of the back alleys. Then after a LONG maybe 3 minutes she came around the corner and we held hands as we rode to Oscar's while discussing how scared and alone and sad we felt without each other. I love my companion so much!
We rode our bikes 50 miles on Saturday. No joke. We rode to Tempe in the afternoon, to Phoenix for dinner then back to Tempe for Mirna's birthday party she invited us to. There is this hill we ride whenever we go to and from Phoenix usually. On McDowell. It is KILLER. The last two times riding up I have recited The Living Christ. It's dark and I'm struggling to ride up the hill and we are in this quiet desert- It is so fun cause the spirit is SO STORNG as I ride up that hill. As I talk about Christ I am strengthened. Not just when I ride up the hill, but every moment. He is always with us. And it shouldn't take a hill like McDowell and us needing his companionship for us to realize it.
It's starting to get really cold! The jackets we are wearing in the pictures are Hermana Medina's. I guess it gets cold here. Who knew! I wonder if I will get transferred into the mountains for the winter... THAT would be interesting.
We are meeting with Aurelio everyday now. He is getting closer and closer to being ready for baptism.
Last week Hermana Pew and I got the second most member present lessons in our whole zone! We got beat by two. And we are on bikes! Our new goal is 35 in one week. Hahah. No not really. We got 10 and are ecstatic.
Love you talk to you next week!
Hermana Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment