Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 12


So Saturday President Sweeney calls all the companionships to tell them news about transfers. There were only 2 Spanish sisters coming in- I knew I wouldn't be training.  But Hermana Mortensen who was our companion all last week is now training! An Hermana straight from the Mexico MTC and she lived in CASA 11! How neat is that! So fun to reminisce. President called us and Hermana Pew answered and he started off with, "Let the celebrating being! You two are staying together!" Haha so we are super excited to be together for another transfer. We are hoping to make it to Christmas together :) We just keep getting better ever day at this whole missionary life!
 
This last week and a half with all three of us together was the most fun week of my life. Wow it truly isn't missionary work, it is missionary FUN! The most neat experience from this week was Ismael and Gabriel. We were getting into the car one time and a man walked past. Hermana Pew and Mortensen were talking to each other so they didn't really notice him but he passed and I just felt that urge inside me to say hello (the urge I get for every person I see). And he didn't look Latin so I tried to justify. BUT I called out to him and said hello. He was so excited that we said hello to him but he was in a hurry to get to the bus to look for a job, but that he REALLY wanted to talk to us. We quickly wrote down his address and number and I asked if he spoke Spanish and he said yes! And off we went our separate ways. I felt something SO SPECIAL about him. We taught him 2 days later with his roommate Gabriel and invited them to baptism that first lesson.... Watch the District episode with German...  German accepts baptism in the exact same way Ismael did! BEAMING with excitement and an absolute YES!  Ismael said that we radiate this energy of happiness that is just contagious. The spirit is so strong when we teach them and they are so receptive it is incredible! Gabriel wasn't quite so sure about baptism. But after the second lesson. They both have been reading the Book of Mormon and WOW! They are the best two investigators yet. SO excited for Hermana Mortensen and her new companion. Unfortunately these two are in their area. But we shall see them at church and soccer and scripture class every week :)
 
Hermana Pew and I are getting better at asking inspired questions and just all around teaching. This week we experienced that "one mind" because of the spirit in our lessons. I think something and she says it. She thinks something and I say it. Wow. When we let the spirit into our hearts and minds and really LISTEN to the investigator. IT TELLS US WHAT TO SAY! It is SO NEAT!
 
Also we had Stake Conference last week and our choir sang. They did so good! Our practice paid off! Not as good as the VV1 choir- but close. The sessions were all about... guess... Yes! Missionary work! I have this excitement for you back home! It is so important that the members and missionaries are 1. If we are not one we are not God's. Our Zone has this goal for each companionship to get 10 member present lessons in one week. If we all do- we will have a pumpkin carving party! So... seemed impossible. BUT yesterday Hermana Pew and I were back on bikes and only had half a day cause we were at the mission home for so long. BUT we followed through on our plans. We got 3 member present lessons in one day! Our record. And it is only Wednesday! We can do it! We talked about how we weren't even excited for P-day. We just want to keep teaching and finding and serving.
 
We had a moment last week of realizing how truly scary this world is right now that we are living in. Something interesting was brought up in Stake Conference... Why is it so acceptable to talk about what's going on in Hollywood with a person on the street, but not about the Book of Mormon?

This really got me thinking. The Book of Mormon should be the most talked about Book in the World right now! How neat would it be if we walked into Walmart and all the media they sold was church videos, magazines and books? Our world would be so wholesome and the people would all be so good! Wow- I want to live in Zion. Build up our Stake to be a Zion like this. Be a missionary. Find. There is SOMEONE in every person's life who is not actively attending church, or is struggling in someway. Talk to them about the gospel. I am so excited for you to be missionaries at home!!
 
If you didn't figure out... Every transfer week we have P-day on Wednesday. Sorry I forgot to tell you!
 
Also... You know our reflective vests? Want to maybe send 2 for Hermana Pew and I to wear when we ride at night? We would be so much safer :)

THANKS familia.

Love always,
Hermana Christensen




A puppy.  Also a pregnant puppy peed on me yesterday. My shoe was filled :)

No comments:

Post a Comment