Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 11


So this week has gone by so fast I really don't even know...

We had dinner at Milton and Aurelio's last night. Aurelio has been being attacked by Satan. Every time we had a lesson planned for him the last two weeks something has happened. RIGHT before. Hermana Pew got a flat tire one day. Then another day she crashed into a parked car and her handle bars got super twisted. Then a third day I got a flat tire. We are still working with him though! It will all work out. We are super close to him and he calls us angels, and asks us about our wings all the time. Ha I just picture him as a bishop someday with his eternal little family :)
 
I invited our investigator Miguel to be baptized! He rejected at first, but after we figured out his concern I extended the 'soft' baptismal invitation and he accepted!! This Miguel is seriously so prepared! He has such honest and good intentions and we just love teaching him so much!
 
We found another previous investigator this week who is SO PREPARED. Mirna, and she just was so ecstatic about reading the Book of Mormon and attending church. Like unreal how sincere she was. And the questions she had about the Holy Ghost; she recognizes promptings better than I do! She asked if it was the Holy Ghost that spoke to her when she has little thoughts like "I should finish the dishes" and how she also has bad thoughts like "I should buy that ice cream (when I know I don't need it and shouldn't waste money on it)". Ah she is so sweet! And talked about how she went to a baptism of one of our recent converts in the summer and how much she loved the testimony of the girl who was baptized.
 
The Lord is preparing the people still who are rejecting the word now. We have to trust in His timing and be patient :)
 
The other day I was practicing reciting some sentences in Spanish about the prophet. As I practiced the sentences became real. The meaning deepened and I had a conviction and desire to know what I was saying was true. As I recited out loud that "we have a prophet today who leads and guides us and speaks to us" I just started bawling. I got on my knees and prayed to know what I was feeling was true. That Thomas S. Monson really is a prophet. Like Adam and Noah and Moses. I tell people this all the time, but it's important that I KNOW it so when I say it I can mean it every time and the spirit will testify even stronger to the people I talk to that it's true. I know Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of the world! I have felt the spirit testify this to me and I know it's true. As I watched conference and listened to the words of our living prophets I was in awe while thinking "These men really have been prepared since before the world was. To  testify of our Savior and His gospel. They are called of God and are our Nephi and Moses today!" Wow. I love feeling the Spirit. I love testifying of the Savior. His atonement is real. Share your testimony! Let our brothers and sisters know of the plan of happiness!
 
Be a missionary. You heard it all through conference. Seriously invite! Do you have those "would you be willing to..." cards? Love you. Learn of the Savior.
 
Hermana Christensen
 
Did you see the back of my head in between conference sessions? I forgot to tell you to look. That was my second day in the CCM. I had a lot on my mind that first week. :)
 
Also the sister in our apt. got her visa and left today! So we are joining her companion until transfers next week! We will combine all our lessons this week. It will be interesting! All 3 of us will have so much fun :)


Hermana Pew and I at the top



Our zone hiked camelback at 5:00am this morning



Hiked camelback again this morning!


Dropping off Hermana Astle!  She's headed to Argentina finally!



Our cute bikes

No comments:

Post a Comment