Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 9

I don't know if you knew this, but I am learning Spanish. Can't believe how fast this week went by.. The bike change slowed our work up a little this week, but that's okay because we are finding SO MANY PEOPLE! We have a goal to talk to 20 people a day. We finally reached that goal the other day! And passed out SO many Copies of the Book of Mormon and Pass along cards and pamphlets. Ah love it. I also love flashing the world while I ride in my skirt.. flirt to convert! Just kidding, we bought some neat spandex boxer shorts at Walmart that keep us modest. We crashed the other night ahahah, we were in a hurry home after the VC from HNA Medina's house. We decided to take Scottsdale road cause it is all lit up at night and Hermana Pew wanted to show me. It was super crowded and busy with outdoor bars and people everywhere.. yeah we ended up crashing right in front of this restuarant with big open glass front windows. Haha we were on the ground smooshed between our bikes and I was on top. SO FUNNY. Love the bikes.

This week I did better at starting out our lessons and ending and I was able to guide some lessons. I am picking up on the nitty gritty's that we say in every lesson. I just wish I would remember the things I learn quicker! Rather than making the same mistake thirty times.. I will get better though! 

We dropped 2 investigators this week. Including Mario and Maria (the family who came to the actividad). We know it was the right thing to do. We have much room for new progressing investigators now. Which I KNOW we will find, these bikes are great! We can talk to so many people now! Truly inspired.

Yesterday we had a missionary stake fireside. Out of the 60 people that showed up 36 were missionaries- not a great turn out. But I got to be in two musical numbers. I am actually not a bad singer! HAHAH which reminds me, I feel REALLY good in our Spanish branch. We are preparing as a relief society to sing in stake conference... Our VV1 choir is moTAB. ANYWAYS... at the fireside we watched a 2 minute clip from Thomas S. Monson and I was bawling. Not really, but crying, I am SO EXCITED for conference!! I was reading about the Liahona, the writings on it change, just like the writings today from our prophets and apostles. God does continually reveal truth to us. I know it is the Lord who directs and guides the speakers on what they counsel. Prepare yourselves NOW and seek to find your current weaknesses. So you can find answers in two weeks! I know Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God. I know I know. 

We are striving to become more charitable this week. I made a goal to go in our study room and pray out loud every night as well. When I pray in voz alta I focus better. When I pray with a full purpose of heart, I receive revelation- every time. Try it. 

I think I broke my bunion last night. We ice our behinds every night. The temperature is at a literally chilly 80 degrees recently. Arizona SKY is gorgeous!! My mission president is SO NEAT. My companion is such a good example.

I am being patient with myself, I just keep trying and trust that I'll know the language one day! It is just a slow and steady process of continuous effort- as with EVERYTHING in life. I read this morning about the difference between a testimony and being converted. A testimony is what we know and testify, conversion is doing and becoming. When we are judged before God, we will be judged by the person we've become, how we have CHANGED. Not merely based on the deeds we've done. Keep changing for the better! :) Have such a good week. Thanks for the letters and pictures! LOVE mail. 

xoxo
Hermana Christensen

I wish I could be there for Trevor's Patriarchal blessing!! So exciting! Good luck with the Jenson's mom! Congrats on the house Kass and Drew!


2. With Aurelio (left) and Milton (right) our trip to the VC! hahah such awkwardness


1. With Flora's 3 kids in "Little Mexico"
(directly behind this wall is where I got to call you last week!)


No comments:

Post a Comment