We learn so much everyday. Our favorite thing is finding new people. We are wanting to buy bikes and start biking, even though we have a car. We could talk to so many more people! Hermana Pew drives, so I started a new thing this week. When we are at stop lights or on back roads, I roll down the window and hand pass along cards to the people on the streets. They are always so confused. Haha it's fun though cause I just have to quickly spew out something. "We have a father in Heaven who loves you, learn more about his love for you at mormon.org" haha or just "get a free Book of Mormon and come unto Christ!" That's fun.
But this week we had soo many appointments and people fall through. The people are so nice and accepting and seem so excited at first, then when we go back for our appointment they tell us they aren't interested and don't want to leave their church. We had like 12 rejections the other day, and were trying not to be sad. And always after those bad times, came something good. I am certain that these little daily struggles we face have the same outcome as do the BIG struggles in life. I know we learn something from every disappointment. After every trial comes a blessing. Faith is what keeps us happy :). When we have that perfect brightness of hope that the work we are engaged in as Latter-Day saints is exactly what the Lord wants us to be doing, we are happy. Continue to build up Zion!
We also sing hymns all the time now. It is our favorite. We almost have all 4 verses of "Yo se que vive mi senor" memorized. We want to memorize it so we can sing it from the heart. The songs we sing really invite the spirit.
I did a lot better with Spanish this week. I am learning! It's still really hard. BUT I think back to the first lesson we had with Milton and Aurelio and how LITTLE I understood, whereas now, I understand almost everything! I am still developing faith, it's hard to believe I will ever KNOW this language. That's one thing we are working on this week, faith. I love it here, I don't know how many times I say that. Fun things happen everyday! We got up at 5 this morning and Hiked Camelback mountain! And right as we got to the trail a huge group of people unloaded off a bus. They ended up being from GOOGLE. And were carrying google maps cameras on their backs. So- in the future if you ever virtually hike Camelback Mountain- you may or may not capture a few glimpses of me :).Send me more pictures of Coco in the mail please! I love her little cuerpo so much!Also- the members made us tortas twice this week... I wanted to die they were so good. Will you learn how to make authentic Mexican tortas by the time I come home please? :)Also PAIGEY is going to Indiana!? Ah good for her. Thanks for keeping me updated :)Hermana Christensen




No comments:
Post a Comment