Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 6


So I have succesfully acquired una companera. I already don't like that this keyboard is English. Where is my Enyay. Our mission president and Sister Sweeney met us at the airport. I really do not remember everything that has happened. OH haha so once we all got the the Phoenix airport it was so funny cause we were all in such Spanish mode! I did not realize how immersed we really were down in Mexico. Everyone I was with only said gracias or hola. And every american thought we were weird. But it was just natural! "Thanks" and "hello" are just now becoming more familiar.
 
That day we arrived we went straight from the airport to the Mesa Temple! It was a lot smaller than I imagined it- but still beautiful. We will get to go there this transfer. We also get to take investigators there. That first day we also just did a bunch of safety/information classes. We got to take a nap in the mission home! SO NICE. And the American HOMEMADE food has been divine. We got to go out to an area and street contact! Hermana Faw and I got paried up and with one other spanish experienced missionary. We handed out a few LDM's and we got to talk in Spanish with random people and testify! OUR FIRST NIGHT! It was neat. One guy- the ONE we talked to in English, was sitting on the side of the road waiting for his girlfriend. He is from Washington and just got out of prison. He is down here to help his GF move up to Washington with him. Anyways, he said he loves to read. I testified of the BOM and invited him to read. Sister Garrick (the 3rd hermana) stepped in and read a part of the introduction to tell what the book was about. He said he would read it and that "it's not everyday someone just comes up to you and gives you something". He said he was looking for a religion- a way to improve his life now. I know he was sitting right there for a reason! There are so many people just READY and WAITING to hear about the Gospel. That night I slept in a member's home.
 
Yesterday we got assigned our trainers and areas. Berkley Crowell went to Bountiful- was really good friends with Camrie and Luke.. anyways.. she is in my mission!!! She is English speaking, but still I got to see her all yesterday! My trainer's name is Mary Pew. (funny how similar it is to Faw). She has been out 6 weeks, and didn't know any Spanish before the MTC. She is super cute! She is really good at Spanish now though and carries out conversations fine! Gives me hope. I feel bad now though cause yesterday in our lessons I WAS THE QUIET ONE! I am not used to that. I feel humbled. The investigators all ask "where is the other hermana?" and they look at me like "who is this girl?" haha so I don't feel very loved by them, which is understandable. I will have to gain their trust. I feel kind of overwhelmed at the moment- we have 13ish investigators and I can hardly remember their names- let alone what to teach them! What they know and don't know. Ah. I'll get it. I'm just trying to stay positive! All I can do right now is try to love everyone- including myself :).
 
Thank you for the package!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I liked how President Sweeney had a picture of me and Coco and a picture of our family. Haha that was cute.

This morning in personal study- I answered some questions and thought I would share...

By the end of my mission January 15, 2015 I want to be able to look back on the past 18 months with no regrets having to so with my work ethic. I want to say I fulfilled my purpose and invited ALL I could to come unto Christ. I need to be LOVING and BOLD.

By the end of my mission I want to be SO SURE of the truthfullness of this gospel that I will be dedicated to being a disciple of Jesus Christ for the rest of my life.

By the end of my 18 month mission, I want others to see a change in me. I want to reflect Christ in the way I treat others. I want to be selfless and charitable. I want to be seen as a servant of Him. I want to be seen as someone who loves ALL of God's children- as my literal brothers and sisters.

This is who I want to be.
 
I am really excited to work with Hermana Pew. Another neat thing.. So in the meeting where they announced who trainers would be with... Right before they asked us all to respond what we wanted from our trainer and what the trainers wanted from their trainees... I raised my hand and said I wanted a trainer who is patient with me. Two comments after... Hermana Pew raised her hand and said she wants a trainee who is patient with her as well. 5 minutes later we were companions! It was cute cause her comment completed mine... She is a very young trainer so she doesn't want me to have high expectations from her and I am brand new and don't want to be crushed by how much I don't know. So I know we are supposed to be together. We will learn SO MUCH together. :)

All is well. Pray for us!

Also we eat at member's homes every night... last night we had these carne asada tacos---SOOOOOO GOOD! And our apartment is really cute and nice! We share with 2 other hermanas. 6 bedrooms and two bathroms. We have a nice gym too. Felt so good to workout this morning in a gym! Life is good. Scottsdale is SO CUTE and we are going to the mall today... Check my card transactions to see what i buy okay? :) My P-day will be Mondays. It is just different today cause of tranfers. Hermana Faw got put with a native speaker. She willl learn fast!
 
This is my apt. address... if you want to send letters for the next 5 weeks :) :) and you can google earth it Riley!

2929 N. 70th St. #2075
Scottsdale AZ 85251
 
Also we play futsol in the church every Thursday with the members. Woo :)
 
Love you so much! Thanks for your prayers! I love being a missionary! Especially a spanish speaking one (kind of... eventually...)!

Hermana Christensen


Sleepover with Hermana Clark and Shaefer.  Hermana Clark and I's matching mum us


Soccer Amigos - Last day!


Hermana Sherwood and I matching skirts


Elder Mangum and I


I took about 50 of these pictures on my last day.  My soccer amigos


My branch Presidency. Presidente Tenorio, Gomez, and Torres


Elder Edson and I


My teacher


I couldn't find Hermana Shepherd... esta bien





No comments:

Post a Comment