Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Week 3


Halfway done here in the CCM! I have misplaced my camera cord.. :( So i cant send pictures this week... or maybe the rest of my mission ha. But I went to the temple today and it was incredible, better than I could have ever imagined. Seriously though.

Okay, COCO IS SO CUTE!!! I have yet to see a picture of Lulu, what is this!?

Something I realized here the first week is how this strict schedule is exactly how I think we will learn in Heaven. We are CONSTANTLY feeding our mind, spirit and body. I love it. Everyday is jam packed with new opportunities to learn.

It is still super hard to teach our investigators. I still do most the talking, that´s what we are working on- me biting my tongue, and her speaking up. I love just to practice and prepare well for lessons, then be able to teach with no notes. It feels so great to just be able to understand everything they say and try my best to repond as prompted by the spirit!

We were not exactly obedient this week, and yes the Lord does give us consequences for our actions. Ha esta bien... Our roommates left this week at 2 am, we talked all night. Hermana Rockhill and I got really close and will seriously be best friends after our missions. She went to Pleasant Grove High School. Just left for Washington! We still havent got new roomates. Our life is lonely at night now.

There was drama this week involving some guy who is in love with me.  He was in Hermana Rockhill and Pullens district. A few other guys I didn't know came and asked for my email this week before they left for the field. uuhh yeah I don't want to say much more ha.

BUT I am still Hermana Fifa. Latinos asked me in the comedor yesterday, ´´Futbol manana?´´ hahah woooo!! The latinos are starting to know who I am now too!

Dad I finally got your dearelder from July 22nd on August 8th and it made my day! Thank you so so much. Dear elders take FOREVER FYI. Also the MTC address is wrong in my packet (its the old MTC). I sent you all letters like 2 weeks ago with the correct one on it.

Okay coolest experience this week was last night's fireside. It was the first ever LIVE broadcast MTC fireside. Richard G. Scott spoke to the Provo MTC missionaries and it was boradcast live to Mexico (ME), Phillipines and like 2 others. The rest will watch it another day. But it was so cool to be a part of it! I saw Dani Ellis in the choir, kept looking for Brady but never saw him!  Elder Scott talked on prayer. He brought to my attention how PERFECT the Lord´s timing is. To never ever doubt that. The Lord did not put us on the earth to fail. We can converse with Him at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. He is ALWAYS near. We just have to TALK. He loves each one of us PEREFCTLY (which boggles my mind). We are to seek more of what the Lord wants for us, rather than on focussing on what WE want for us. There are 3 ways He answers prayers..

1. We feel peace, comfort, assurance (YES)
2. Feel unsettled and a stupor of thought (NO)
3. Feel NOTHING

The third response he gives because He is helping us grow. As we keep searching and searching for an answer, it helps us grow. As long as we continue to ACTIVELY seek an answer, we will always grow. He witholds it for a reason. Trust that He WILL ALWAYS hear our prayers. And answers DO come, they not only just come, but they come at THE VERY BEST TIME for us.

Something else that has changed my life already that Richard G. Scott said was to pray even when you don´t want to pray. Sometimes I get a thought to pray and think 'nah' for whatever reason. And now I have no excuse! An apostle told me to pray at those times!! My life will forever be changed.

My Heavenly Father has created cosmos and other worlds, yet he WANTS to talk to ME personally. How BLESSED am I. I have never felt more love.

Today in the temple was the closest I have ever felt to Him. Thank you family for your prayers. I literally felt your love and prayers for me today. The temple is a sanctuary. After the hour bus ride through the dirty city, I never felt more thankful for the peace at a temple site than I did today. Keep going to the temple!! We are so lucky to have so many so close to us holy smokes! (((( it was the old video, it takes 6 months to translate I heard)))). I am so glad I went through 30 times before cause I understood the whole thing in Spanish! It was difficult at the end. Hahah and right when I was about to go through a worker came and stood next to me and asked if it was my first time, I was wracking my brain for how to respond in Spanish (like always) and then realized she was speaking English! My brain was in such Spanish mode it was funny.

I love it here. I can see why people told me it would be a "jail" but the CCM is such a blessed part of Mexico City. I love it here. Can´t wait to learn for 3 more weeks!

Thanks for all the emails!! I print them off and read them throughout the week! LOVE LOVE LOVE you all so much. I am doing "SUPER BIEN"!! Don´t worry about me coming home anytime soon :) xoxo

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment