Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 2

Hola familia! This week was much better than the first! Not that the first was bad... I am just getting more accustomed to the CCM (MTC in spanish) routine. I love how much I feel the spirit here. I LOVE it here. Being surrounded by a bunch of missionaries is seriously so fun. Humor is always clean and fun. We are all such righteous nerds I love it. Everyday just keeps getting better!

I still get stressed out over teaching our investigators. We have 2 progressing investigators now. They are our two teachers and we will teach them the rest of our time here, and they give us feedback and help us. It will be good. It is so hard though. I wish I just knew how to speak spanish!! I try to focus on how much I am learning little by little.

Sunday was LO MEJOR again. I love being able to take the sacrament. It is such a blessing. The time before sarament meeting is the most reverent. I can just sit and pray and reflect on my week and thank Heavenly Father for His help along the way. Thank Him for sending His beloved son to atone for all of my imperfections. I literally feel strengthened as I take the sacrament. Take time to just BE STILL on Sundays. I love that Holy day!

Hermana Faw and I have gotten SO CLOSE! All is well with us. I have grown to love her! We get along well. She is such a goof but it's okay. I love being able to laugh at anything she does anytime I want haha.  She lets us straighten her hair and dress her up. Love it. Our two roommates, Hermana Pullens and Hermana Rockhill leave on Tuesday for their missions! They are so fun. The last few nights two other hermanas in our casa have pulled their mattresses into our room and slept on the floor. We have tons of fun (Missionary fun). Hahahah and the first night they slept on our floor it was because their latina roommates were leaving at 2 in the morning so they didn't want to be woken up by them. SO... that night in my dream the person in my dream turned into a man voice saying "Hermana Perez ...Hermana Perez!" Finally we all woke up and realized there was a man at our window with a flashlight yelling for HERMANA PEREZ! haha we were so confused and finally in our groggy goans someone yelled back "ella no AQUI!" and he replied "sorry seestus!" And then when we woke up and hour later it was the funniest thing in the world. That some guy was looking for one of the latina sisters to say goodbye before she left on her mission. And Hermana Perez is now the funniest name ever.

Futbol is still the funnest part of the day. Yesterday my team dominated and we never got scored on so I got to stay on the court the whole time (We've switched to playing in the cage). My name is still Hermana Fifa, but most the guys who call me that leave next week so we'll see how long that sticks. Having a fan section is great, and being able to juke elders on the court is even better. :)

The beans are seriously my favorite food here. Which is probably super bad, but TACOS are the best. I have acquired a taste for la comida de Mexico.

YESTERDAY during our service project we had an earthquake drill! It was so exciting! There are tons of HUGE earthquake safety circles all over campus. This ear piercing siren went off yesterday and everybody ran to the nearest circle. I was really hoping the ground would start to quake but it didn't. BUT the side walks are all super wavy from earthquakes. Which brings me to my next subject- THE RAIN STORM YESTERDAY. Right before the devotional it abruptly began to POUR and HAIL and of course we are in the farthest building from the auditorium and didnt have umbrellas. BUT for some strange reason I brough tmy rain jacket to class that morning so I had that. I took off my shoes, Hermana Faw used one of the elder's umbrellas but it was useless. The puddles from the uneven ground like went up to my knees, there were literal RIVERS everywhere. IT POURED! people were slipping everywhere and ripping their pants and getting swallowed up in the rivers. HAHA the roads were rivers. It was so funny. And everyone was just soaked the whole devotional. Provo doesn't even know what rain is.

Presidente Pratt spoke to us about temples and some of the cool opportunites he has had to help out with a bunch of the South American temples. It made me miss the temple so much. It is a place of refuge, and solace, and its blessings are the greatest we can receive. He mentioned how we shouldn't just have the goal to get married there, but to make it a part of our lives. I am so grateful for the examples I have had to teach me that already. Mom and Dad thanks so much for making the temple a priority in your lives. Never cease going! Go a lot for me please because I can't! HE really is there. It IS His house.

Another great thing that happened this week.. So our first investigator Maria became our second teacher last week. Her name is Hermana Sherwood- she's from Nephi Utah. After we taught her 5 lessons. The other day she had little individual interviews with each of us to get to know us a little better. She asked why I am on a mission and stuff. And she and I had a special moment. I really love her! She served her mission in Chile. She told me that I will be such a great companion to every companion I am with. And that I will teach them so much. It made me so happy to know that I can be a good missionary. Cause when we teach her I feel so useless and like I know nothing. But knowing that my teacher sees so much potential in me really meant a lot.

Presidente Pratt also told us last night that some minor changes are happening at Provo MTC, Brazil MTC and Peru MTC. That they have reached their limits so we are receiving EXTRA unexpected missionaries from these MTCs starting today. We'll get about 130 every week instead of 100. We'll have 800 this week, compared to the about 500 when I got here. It is so crazy to see this place GROW!! The cafeteria is getting so crowded!! I am starting to not know everybody. It's fun though. We now have 3 districts in our branch.

I know Heavenly Father listens when we pray. I know He is SO aware of every single person. It blows my mind but I know he hears and ANSWERS every prayer. I know evrything happens for a reason. He knows best ALWAYS. Everything good or bad that happens in my life is because HE knows what's best for me. Remember that.

Sunday night we watched the Restoration Joseph Smith movie- and I bet Jospeh Smith knew all of us down here in the Mexcio MTC were learning about his life. :) I love being a missionary so I can teach about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Love you all so much!! Hope all is well. Still haven't gotten any of your letters... maybe just start sending stuff to Scottsdale, haha.

Love you.
Hermana Christensen



 

Beautiful colorful houses in the background. :) Our campus is so pretty. Go on Google Earth and look at it!!!!! IT IS HUGE TOO

Our roommates.
Hermana Rockhill (dancer, girly girl seriously so much fun I lover her) and Hermana Pullens

This huge bugger (Alfonso) became our class pet. He seriously has a body the size of a small rat. I played with him.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such enthusiasm! Wish I were there!!!

    ReplyDelete