I CANNOT believe I get set apart form the world as a missionary TOMORROW! I leave for the Mexico City MTC Tuesday morning at 11:08. I have yet to finish packing.
I did realize something today. How IMPERFECT I am, and always will be.
As I sat up on the stand during sacrament meeting I couldn't help but think of how unprepared I felt to give my talk. Even though I prepared for hours, I felt like my talk would never be perfect. But I knew God would provide the spirit to teach the congregation off the words I prepared.
Then I noticed I feel the same way about my mission. I don't think I will EVER feel prepared to leave. No matter how much I learn and study, I will never know enough. BUT I know God will provide. He has prepared a way for me.
On my mission plaque....
Doctrine and Covenants 76:22-24
23) For we asaw him, even on the bright hand of cGod; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the dOnly Begotten of the Father—
24) That by ahim, and through him, and of him, the bworlds are and were created, and the cinhabitants thereof are begotten dsons and daughters unto God.
I know Jesus Christ lives. I love Joseph Smith's testimony of God the Father and Jesus Christ found throughout the Doctrine and Covenants. HE LIVES!

You were awesome, Shelb!!! We can't be perfect, but we can be perfect in our sphere, and your attitude is perfect!!! Can't wait to hear your first impressions.
ReplyDelete