Charles Baudelaire's poem "Be Drunk” states that the only way to live is to, as the title states, be drunk. To be drunk is to be with passion. Living a life full of meaning, striving each day to do something purposeful. Is it important to be drunk? Can being 'drunk' actually have positive connotations? Yes it is important to get lost in something you find gives purpose and meaning to your life. We all live lives full of possibilities. It all comes down to acting instead of just talking. Most people can figure out what they
want their life to be. Of course it's easy to look at somebody else's life and wish for yours to resemble that. Take the initiative and work for what you desire. Instead of admiring from a far, be proactive. Look to make positive changes in your life. Charles Baudelaire makes the point to not just be drunk at times, but continually. Be incessantly lost in a work.
I like to think that I am continually drunk. Learning about the LDS church and reading The Book of Mormon is what I consider myself to be drunk on right now. It’s a bit contradictory, that I am ‘drunk’ on the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s true however; I am slowly and surely becoming addicted to what makes me most happy. Why complete the task of reading your scriptures halfheartedly, when you can get lost in the words and find answers to your prayers?
I believe that as long as one is continually striving to be drunk on something, those positive habitual efforts will result in happiness and success.
You are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteDitto ditto ditto. She i am so proud of you!!!!
ReplyDelete