Marcelino is really happy. He is still crazy and funny as ever ( his brain I think is a little damaged from his previous addiction to alcohol) BUT he is progressing and doing great still.
Dinners with all the members are so good. Us three companionships in the branch takes turns giving the dinner message. We ate at the Nunez the other day and it was the elder's turn. However, as dinner ended Hermana Nunez brought out a gift with balloons and thanked me for my service in their branch and for being the hard working cute missionary I am. Then she asked me to share my testimony about my mission. I almost refused because my mission is not over! But I did. It was horrible. (I did fine) just I don't like thinking that I need to think back and reflect on my mission yet. It is still an unfinished story. But she was so sweet to do that for me! I love our members :)
At church I was able to sit next to Hermana Hancock and translate Relief Society into English for her. And then translate her comments into Spanish for the women. I was so surprised at how well I did. I feel like I am back to I was when I left here- even better actually! I am so grateful for the gift of tongues. It is real! I amaze myself each day. My prayers are progressively better each day. I love Spanish and want to continue learning it!
The wedding won't happen the 21st anymore :(, President Clyde will be out of town. But at least it will happen!
I am so grateful for my companions. We get along so well. We are all really patient and kind people. :) It makes the work go so much better! I learn so much from them every single day. They are such good examples to me.
Elder Jorg Klebingat spoke to me this morning about facing trials. I am so grateful for General Conference! Thanks for sending me the magazine. I am tearing it apart. I love it so much. I love the modern day prophets!
"When these trials come, the adversary’s minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, “I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn’t it?” Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. Spiritual confidence increases when you accept that “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right”
"Acknowledge and face your weaknesses, but don’t be immobilized by them, because some of them will be your companions until you depart this earth life. No matter what your current status, the very moment you voluntarily choose honest, joyful, daily repentance by striving to simply do and be your very best, the Savior’s Atonement envelops and follows you, as it were, wherever you go. Living in this manner, you can truly “always retain a remission of your sins” (Mosiah 4:12) every hour of every day, every second of every minute, and thus be fully clean and acceptable before God all the time."
I LOVE MY MISSION. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I want to live it and love living it for ever and ever. I am so grateful for it. IT MAKES US HAPPY! This is true.
Hermana Christensen
Day before Marcelino's baptism.
Practicing with Oscar before the sports night began.
Hermana Tenney and I
My desk covered in Pistachio shells ALWAYS. My favorite snack.
Exchanges with Hermana Short!
Sister Knapp and I hiked to the top of Camelback today and ran down
Baptism & Chocolates. Gracias Aunty Mary and Unko Lala :)
Braiding a member's hair in the hospital :)
No comments:
Post a Comment