Cynthia.
She is a rock star. We had 2 lessons with her this week. The first one, we read 1 Nephi 21 and 22 with her because she was super confused when she read them on her own. She is very analytically and worries about all of the small details. Our focus recently with her has been helping her to recognize the Holy Ghost.
Friday she wanted to talk more about Joseph Smith and we decided before hand with her to watch the Restoration Video. We showed up on Friday and she popped popcorn and got out little bowls to watch the restoration video. She got all dressed up in non-working with the horses clothes. SO NICE. She's such a cutie. She really doesn't want to change her religious ways as of now because the way she feels closest to God is when she is out riding her horses. But she wants to keep reading the Book of Mormon and learning more. Plan of Salvation this week! Because she doesn't understand the WHY to all of this yet. ETERNAL LIFE in THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!
Pie Town trailer and Church.
Took another cold shower in the Trailer this weekend. We will have to winterize it pretty soon so we are figuring out what to do this winter.
We were asked Saturday by Sister Cox to teach Gospel Doctrine for her! It was on Jonah and Micah and missionary work. We did pretty good! I feel much more learned about Jonah! He is not the best missionary- he doesn't LOVE his dear brothers and sisters in Ninevah. EGH I have a few problems with him,yet I am grateful for his story.
ANDY.
Andy is our NEW INVESTIGATOR and HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE!
We met him at the fair in Reserve a few weeks ago. We met him yesterday in his Air-stream trailer. He was sweating bullets and was SO NERVOUS to meet with us. He is such a shy little guy. He is 21 and Buddhist kind of. He wants to learn more and wants to be baptized! UHHH MIRACLE!!!!
Weekly Planning.
We sometimes struggle with short attention spans during our long weekly planning sessions. This week, to work on our companionship unity and communication skills, I duct taped my eyes shut, sister Lee put in some of my ear plugs and duct taped over them, and we duct taped Sister Harrast's mouth shut. HAHAHAH, it didn't last the whole 3 hours but the way we worked together proved effective and we are super united! Call us creative!
Singing.
We Sing for EVERYONE. And are famous for it.
Gardens.
Everyone is so generous with their gardens and we come home everyday with a bag full of fresh fruits or veggies.
Frog.
The other morning on the dirt road while jogging- I passed a half dead frog. I summoned my companions and we decided it was best to put it out of its misery. I ran around and found a huge rock and ran back with it. As I dropped the rock on it, I ended up with frog guts and blood all over my legs. That was a highlight this week.
BINGO and Phyllis.
Phyllis has a home here in Luna that she and her husband live in during the summer. They live right by adam-ondi-ahman and have heard a lot of anti things. (She says we can stay at their home there in Missouri any time really!) But she is loving us like her own children and we are so happy about it. She is more open than her husband and grew up with an Atheist father. She had a brain tumor when she was thirty. She has had lots of experiences that have told her there is a God.
After she took us to lunch the other day with Sister Gray, we went up to the senior center Bingo... we didn't play BUT we socialized with many. After I talked with a few new faces I went up the the front and asked if I could help the man call out numbers. It was so much fun and the oldies loved my accent and clear enunciation of the numbers. We a good time. The best was that before we left we asked to sing them all a hymn. They were all so attentive and it was neat to feel the Spirit fill the room.
I LOVE THE AREA RIGHT NOW. Sunflowers line the roads. It is all so green and BEAUTIFUL!!!! Pictures cannot do this area justice right now.
I love my companions!
ALSO...Last week at Zone Conference.. President Sweeney said I may stay here until February.... my heart is filled with peace and JOY! I LOVE LUNA AND PIE TOWN!
TREVOR- Have so much fun in the MTC! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD AND RILEY AND MIKE AND OAKLEY!
Hermana Christensen
Zone Conference (FUNNY)
Zone Conference


No comments:
Post a Comment