The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. How lucky am I to be a missionary right now? The work is moving forward with the help of all the members!
This last week was by far the best week of our entire mission.
We received so many blessings and witnessed the Lord work miracles through our efforts.
We had an incredible experience with member present lessons this week. After we were chastised (not really) at Zone Training meeting about getting member present lessons on Thursday we were determined to prove our faith. That night our lessons were with Cheli and Jenny and Minerva. Our member who was planning on coming cancelled at the last minute. So after dinner we called Hermana Medina's sister- Hermana DeLaTorre. Hna DeLaTorre told us that she was really sick and her feet hurt really bad from her diabetes. But she said yes and ended up coming with us. We picked her up ten minutes later. Cheli and Jenny are two of our closest investigators to baptism. The lesson ended up being to most spiritual lesson I have ever been a part of. Cheli proceeded to tell us of how someone from the catholic church approached her at the park last week and began to belittle Cheli for being a "mormon" (Cheli called herself a mormon!) So during the lesson Cheli brought up doubts about false prophets and shared with us that she smokes to help with her arthritis and drinks coffee. Hermana DeLaTorre had the same EXACT issues. The spirit was so strong as Hermana DeLaTorre testified to Cheli about prayer. We were all crying all 5 of us. Cheli shared with us that she had a dream the other night. A dream marvelous, that she will tell us after she is baptized. As she was telling us about this dream that she cant tell us yet, her and her daughter Jenny were crying and got really emotional. I love Cheli and Jenny so much. We have seen them grow closer to the Lord. Cheli and Jenny are praying about being baptized on the 15 of Februray.
Then we were late to our next lesson with Minerva who we had 1 lesson with the week before. She was a referral from the English elders in her area. We got there and her 2 sisters, mom and kids were waiting for us, sitting around the kitchen table reading The Book of Mormon. Minerva had read the whole plan of Salvation pamphlet and loved it all. They all agreed to be prepared to be baptized. Hermana DeLaTorre told us on the way home, the spirit whispered to her to come out with us that night. By the end of the night her pain was gone.
I can't even explain everything correctly that happened this week. All I know is that it happened. It really did. My favorite part was during the lesson with Cheli and Jenny Hermana Wheelwright and I turned and looked at each other for a second with huge smiles and our eyes filled with tears.
That night Hermana Wheelwright and I just bawled ourselves to sleep. That was the best day of my life. To see Cheli and Jenny listen so intently to a member's testimony of prayer. Wow. All I know is that Heavenly Father is shedding his love on me. I feel so extremely blessed.
So many more miracles happened this week. The car is so nice. We were able to have 7 member present lessons in one day and 17 this whole week as a companionship. Elder Black told us... miles or salvation! So we got our car less members to all of our lessons! Our whole zone had 77 member present lessons this week. We are working our way to 100!
Oh yeah, WE GOT A CAR. President Sweeney called and told us Tuesday he had a brand new 2014 VW for us to pick up and I screamed a little bit!
I LOVE THIS AREA and these PEOPLE AND I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE. I love Hermana Wheelwright, we have been working so well together.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. This week finally made me realize how REAL this work is. We are helping people change their nature by helping them live the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Alma 37:32-33
I love this scripture... "inculca en ellos un odio perpetuo contra el pecado y la iniquidad. Predicales el arrepentimineto y la fe en el Senor Jesucristo"
Hermana Christensen
Jackie and Daisy Cardenas and I on the Trolley.
I love these two so much. We have a lot of fun.
We made our beds bunk beds last week. haha- they fell for a second but we have successfully slept in them for a week now! And yes I am still talking in my sleep!
I love Hermana Wheelwright!
We love Hermana Medina (Hermana Meds)
The new 2014 VW







No comments:
Post a Comment