Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 24

Okay a few weeks ago we were on our bikes waiting to  cross the street at about 1 PM in little mexico. A cop car pulled up to us and rolled down his window and said, " you know this isn't the safest neighborhood right?" I quickly responded, "yeah!!".... then re- thought what he said and responded again, "wait what do you mean?"
He waited a long few seconds and said, "oh nothing just be careful you two."

So that was heart warming!!

Then last week we were told by a man that there had been 36 gun shots in that neighborhood since thanksgiving, and a drive by shooting that he witnessed last week, and three weeks ago there was a body stabbed on the neighboring street. And then last week Thomas (one of the main roads) had every cop car ever and helicopters and things looking for a man who tried to hold up a CVS. Did they ever find him? I find myself still looking for him haha.
We have gotten A LOT of advice recently to stay away from little mexico at night time. We have never felt a little frightened until now. But I trust the spirit to help guide us in where to go and when! All is well.

The other night I was having a dream about teaching Froylan haha.
 I remember it was in Spanish and Hermana Wheelwright was helping me teach. All of a sudden I woke up the her saying, "tenemos que recordarle a leer y orar!"
Still half asleep I muttered back to her "mande?"
She, now awake and embarassed said "Nothing!"
I was so confused cause what she said went right along with what I was dreaming! I had been talking in my sleep!
We had been teaching a lesson in our sleep in Spanish haha. 

I was sick again last week. So were a few others. It was the flu. We didn't get to teach a lot last week but we were blessed with 5 investigators that came to church. Wow so blessed.

 Our lesson last night with Cheli and Jenny was one of the best ever. We finally watched the other Joseph Smith movie with them. I tried to feel every doubt and concern they might have while watching. I put myself in their shoes. When it said that the same John the Baptist who baptized Jesus conferred the priesthood keys to Joseph Smith they both looked at each other with wide eyes. I thought, do I really believe that to be true? Immediately I had the spirit confirm to me that it was true! This happened several times during the film. Cheli and Jenny were so happy too when it talked about families being able to be sealed together forever. 
They told us they want to do everything they can to turn their lives over to the Lord. I love them so much and am SO GRATEFUL I am still in this area to help them change!

I poured out my heart in gratitude last night. I feel so extremely blessed right now. Especially to be able to see Cheli and Jenny so happily accept and live the gospel. I pray with all my heart that we can help them change their lives to LIVE the commandments for the rest of their lives.

I love the scriptures, I love seeing how real they are. I love when I read something and go, "WOAH this is talking to me!"
They do that for every person in the whole world. How crazy is that? 

I love being a missionary. It is weird I am 1/3 of the way done... Time is flying by.
Love you, keep reading the scriptures everyday!!
LIVE the gospel. It's what makes us truly happy. That will always be true! 

Hermana Christensen


The only picture this week.... sickly Shelby.  The Elders brought me this humidifier... I was In LOVE with it. It changed colors too.

No comments:

Post a Comment